Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Hornby

New in Town
I just finished a Montecristo No.3 and i enjoyed it immensely!!

I also have a question if you'll permit me...

I am new to cigar smoking and my knowledge is unsurprisingly limited and while this very thread has been of immense help in giving me cigars to look out for, i now have an ever expanding list, i was wondering if anyone had a specific recommendations for the beginner?

I have tried a few unknown cigars so can't count them and Montecristo No.3 and 4. I enjoyed the 3 much more than the 4 despite originally being directed away from the 3 as 'too much for a beginner'. I found the 4 not unpleasent just extremely mild.

Thank you in advance for any recommendation.

Hornby..*

I hope this is the right place to post a question but if not i apologize...i am new in town.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RP Royal Order torpedo. Nice, smooth medium bodied smoke. Not as good as the spring collection though.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Had an AB MAXX by the bonfire after grilled venison.:D :D

Grilled venison! Bring some of that along when you and Dee come fishing, and I'll definitely fire up the grill! Do they have deer in Florida? lol lol

Hornby said:
I just finished a Montecristo No.3 and i enjoyed it immensely!!

I also have a question if you'll permit me...

I am new to cigar smoking and my knowledge is unsurprisingly limited and while this very thread has been of immense help in giving me cigars to look out for, i now have an ever expanding list, i was wondering if anyone had a specific recommendations for the beginner?

I have tried a few unknown cigars so can't count them and Montecristo No.3 and 4. I enjoyed the 3 much more than the 4 despite originally being directed away from the 3 as 'too much for a beginner'. I found the 4 not unpleasent just extremely mild.

Thank you in advance for any recommendation.

Hornby..*

I hope this is the right place to post a question but if not i apologize...i am new in town.

Where you are, there are many choices. I would point you to the quintessential Montecristo No. 2, Partagas Serie D No.4 or 5 and just about anything Bolivar.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
How was the Autumn compared to the Spring, Tom?

Just had the one so far and I found a bit easier draw, generated a bit more smoke. The first couple puffs had a whole different spice and there WAS spice. I don't know the wrapper used but the initial few had an almost herbal hint. I burned my finger tips at the end knew it was coming but was ready for the sacrifice. I will have to prepare one of my backup humi's and do some reorganizing to fit a box.
Tom D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points