Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Add a HdM petit robusto to my list for today along with another glass of McClellan's. I'm strting to like the Islay, and of course I like the cigar. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Off the wagon, tch tch

Had a Fuente Cubanito today for the first time in months. Excuse: I'm under deadline pressure and it's most relaxing to take a puff while walking the nabe. I passed by a house with a little black cat in the window and blew clouds, which fascinated the kitty.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
:cheers1: ................to you, sir Fletch.
For choosing a socially unacceptable means to manage a critical component of everyday life: Stress.
I too, am able to gauge the risk / reward factor of such pleasures and choose to partake on a *sensible* basis.

Today:
La Fontana Vintage corona.

*allowing for individual definition, not to be dictated to by any gubmint "mandates"

BobC said:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Last Friday was a new one a friend brought over. He got some Perdomo alternatives from JR. We both tried them and they were fairly strong and this is coming from me here. ;) It did manage to make me put it down for a bit to clear my head. They definitely didn't scrimp on ligero there. Don't get me wrong, I am not the guy who likes to get stoned on his cigars. :p
It was a nice torpedo shape, which is one of my favorite cigar types. I cut very little off the butt because I usually like to get the smoke as concentrated as possible for flavor and tasting. I doubt that had anything to do with it though as my friend had the same experience cutting it up higher. I had an inkling as to the strength of the cigar as it was the darker label that usually means full bodied. I was right. It had great flavor and spiciness along with the bite that came along about half way through the stick.
I paired it with a tulip glass of Dalwhinnie and it was well balanced. Perhaps with a little age on the cigar( My friend said he was putting them in the humidor for six months.:rolleyes: ) it would mellow a bit. Personally, I would pull one out every month or so and see how it changes over time.

BobC

jamespowers said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Last Friday was a new one a friend brought over. He got some Perdomo alternatives from JR. We both tried them and they were fairly strong and this is coming from me here. ;) It did manage to make me put it down for a bit to clear my head. They definitely didn't scrimp on ligero there. Don't get me wrong, I am not the guy who likes to get stoned on his cigars. :p
It was a nice torpedo shape, which is one of my favorite cigar types. I cut very little off the butt because I usually like to get the smoke as concentrated as possible for flavor and tasting. I doubt that had anything to do with it though as my friend had the same experience cutting it up higher. I had an inkling as to the strength of the cigar as it was the darker label that usually means full bodied. I was right. It had great flavor and spiciness along with the bite that came along about half way through the stick.
I paired it with a tulip glass of Dalwhinnie and it was well balanced. Perhaps with a little age on the cigar( My friend said he was putting them in the humidor for six months.:rolleyes: ) it would mellow a bit. Personally, I would pull one out every month or so and see how it changes over time.

I'm with you. I'd want to check them out as they age. You might want to smoke more of them before they completely mellow out.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Enjoyed an Aroma De Cuba while hunting seatbelt violaters:rolleyes: .

I got a JR catalog in the mail yesterday and it says the Cofradia factory is closed/closing?! Does that mean the Bolivar Cofradia is the way of the dinosaur?? :(

Mr. Paladin

Fletch said:
Also, I will do just about anything to garner the attentions of a cat. I feel a spiritual essence in them that is nourishing.

So did that Italian chef last month! Just kidding, of course. A good cigar is most relaxing.

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
Enjoyed an Aroma De Cuba while hunting seatbelt violaters:rolleyes: .

I got a JR catalog in the mail yesterday and it says the Cofradia factory is closed/closing?! Does that mean the Bolivar Cofradia is the way of the dinosaur?? :(

I got mine too, and I was shocked! I hope they will be able to roll them in Nicaragua with the same components, but it doesn't sound like they kept the rollers. :eek:

I had a Don Lino Africa and start of shift and a La Herencia Cubana in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR