Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Indeed. I must confess that I am the occasional beneficiary of the gracious generosity of my local tobacconist, and today I received an overwhelming abundance of his fine wares. I shall spend the next couple of weeks in thankful bliss as I slowly destroy by fire his gifts to me, sharing with you, my friends, as I go.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Punch Upper Cut tonight, and I broke the seal on a new bottle of Laphroaig. The upper cut tried to be as difficult as possible with an uneven burn up to the last third and trying to go out through most of the cigar. I thought several times of tossing it, but it still tasted like an Upper Cut so I stayed with it til the end.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
For beakfast, an Ernesto Perez Carillo Short Run (5.78 x 52). A limited edition cigar from a 2007-2008 tobacco crop, the leaves were fermented 90 days and then aged another 90 days before production. Good heft, the Sumatra wrapper is light in color and veiny, good construction, woody notes, long (although oddly bent) ash, cool smoke, easy draw... quite simply the single best cigar I have smoked in a very long time.

SteveAS

Practically Family
A 2002 Partagas Corona and a 2004 Toboada Churchill at a barbecue over the weekend. The Partagas was superb . . . better than the Toboada! :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Father Le Bijou tonight with a taste or two of McClelland's highland. It's been a while since I've gotten back to this cigar, but it was very enjoyable and full flavored.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
SteveAS said:
A 2002 Partagas Corona and a 2004 Toboada Churchill at a barbecue over the weekend. The Partagas was superb . . . better than the Toboada! :eusa_clap

:eek:fftopic:
Off the top of my head, I believe that Party Corona is discontinued, and with 8 years of age, I'm not surprised it was very good.

Even more :eek:fftopic:
For those not in the know, Roldolfo Taboada was a torcedor in the La Corona cigar factory in Cuba. He was elevated to the highest level, "Master Torcedor" at age 30 with fifteen years of rolling cigars under his belt, a title which is typically only bestowed upon torcedors with 25 years of experience or more. He currently works on a bit of a free-lance basis, from what I understand. Travelling to La Casa Del Habano (LCDH) locations for rolling events. He rolls cigars at these events which the shop owers sell. I've never gotten a very clear answer to where the tobacco comes from for these rolling expositions, so while not trying to take anything away from the Masters' art, any cigar is only as good as its' components and how smoker is able to experience those components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points