Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holt's Old Henry petit corona so far tonight. I bit on an e-mail deal one day last week. I've been curious about Old Henry and I've been looking for a small cigar to smoke when time is short. 10 of these for $27.50 with free shipping. A pretty good deal on a pretty good small cigar.

BobC said:
Oliva Serie V belicoso tonight with a taste of Wild Geese Irish Soldiers and Heroes, suggested to me by JP some time ago. I finally got my hands on a bottle. James described it as interesting. I agree.

Glad you liked it. I have had a hard time finding the higher grades of this whiskey. The regular is pretty good though.
Next time try Clontarf with a bold cigar. :D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I spend yesterday and today mowing the gun range, so I burned a couple of cigars. The first was a Casa Magna Churchill with a Colorado wrapper. This is a peppery strong smoke. I probably won't buy more even though they were the cigar of the year for 2008 or 9. According to one of their adds: "This puro is 6 7/8 inches long and 49 ring gauge. The oily Colorado wrapper, the binder, and the filler are all Nicaraguan tobaccos. Rolled in Nestor Plascencia's Segovia factory in Esteli, Nicaragua the Casa Magna Churchill is a deliciously smooth cigar. Caramel, toffee, cocoa, coffee and cedar are all present at some time in the Casa Magna Churchill." Personally I got caramel, coffee, and pepper.

I also smoked a Romeo y Juleta Churchill. Their add: "This classic brand offers exceptional construction and a smooth and creamy medium-bodied taste and aroma. If you enjoy a pleasant-tasting cigar that is not overwhelming yet is very satisfying, then RyJs are for you...." O.K. I'll give them pleasant tasting, and not overwhelming. I'll probably get more, but I liked the A. Fuente Churchill better.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy