Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
I liked RP Edge for a while, but I had one about a month ago that did a number on me. About half way through, I was doubled over on the ground in pain and about to vomit.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Did you smoke on an empty stomach? Full-bodied cigars should usually be smoked after having a meal, especially if you do not smoke them very often.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
DesertDan said:
Did you smoke on an empty stomach? Full-bodied cigars should usually be smoked after having a meal, especially if you do not smoke them very often.
No, it was on my semi-nightly beach walk after dinner and I'm quite used to full-bodied cigars. It still baffles me and the logical side of me says that it was just an isolated incident, but I still can't bring myself to buy another RP Edge.

Ordered a box of Gurkha SE Maduro Coronas from thompson earlier today. They throw in 5 of the grand reserve cognac connecticut as well. I'm ALL over free cigars :rolleyes:

DesertDan

One Too Many
The Grand Reserve is the only infused/flavored cigar I like. I have had both versions and both are excellent. I'd love to try an HMR, on someone else's money of course!:eek:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
But of course. ;) :p
Even better with a Wild Geese, Irish Soldiers and Heros. :cheers1:

Ah yes, but this was my first of these, a 4x52 robusto. I wanted to smoke it a la carte, but perhaps with the next one.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
DesertDan said:
The Grand Reserve is the only infused/flavored cigar I like. I have had both versions and both are excellent. I'd love to try an HMR, on someone else's money of course!:eek:

I've heard the GR's are an exceptional cigar, especially for a flavored.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
lol lol lol Try Lagavulin. Its better. ;) :p

I have often thought of trying Lagavulin, but I usually prefer to fuller flavor of a younger bottle.

Tonight I had a 601 Green Tronco, a very nice full flavored cigar.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Gurkha Evil - Toro
Picked up at the local tobacconists on the way home.
No bad but there was a slightly bitter undertone to it, that would probably go away with a bit of aging. I might pick up a couple more and put them in my humi for a few months then try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic