Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Dan'l

Practically Family
My wife was in San Diego for a conference last week and brought me back some pipe tobacco from Capt. Hunts. It's called Virginia #4 and is very mature. It looks like the pressed long leaf my family would take out of the barn to send to market back when they grew tobacco. It is very different than what I'm used to smoking. It has a very good taste (leathery, smoky) and it makes a fine white ash. However, by the time I finished the bowl my head was spinning and I actually felt a little "green" shall we say.

I enjoyed it, but it will be a treat and I might use a smaller pipe, like the tavern pipe instead of the Churchwarden.

Cheers,
Dan'l

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
OK, I need y'alls help.
I've found an available space that is 99% perfect for the cigar lounge I plan to open early Q1 2011. I've established lines of contact for the various wholesale accounts I'll need (except Drew Estate, it's almost like they don't want to sell their crap) and I'm working up a business plan for my potential landlord. The space is a little odd and could be a hassle to rent, but for the area where it's located, it's about $6/sqft less than average.

So, here's the help I need. I need suggestions for a smoke mitigation system. The site is ground floor of a multi-level unit and while it has its own air handler, this is still a concern. Something suitable for a sub-1000sqft area is what I'm seeking. This is the only substantiated concern the potential landlord has as I intend to pay the first years rent up front.
The other thing I'm having issues with is a name. The site is divided almost ideally to carry a small, high-end selection of antiques and the like. I plan on everything from vintage and new Dunhill lighters to modern art.

Before anyone bashes my idea as stupid due to the 'recession', the site is in a high end shopping strip outside of a plantation with an average home price of ~1.5m. The market is there and I'm not the only one assured of that fact.

JimWagner

Practically Family
HHISIII said:
So, here's the help I need. I need suggestions for a smoke mitigation system. The site is ground floor of a multi-level unit and while it has its own air handler, this is still a concern. Something suitable for a sub-1000sqft area is what I'm seeking.

Good luck with your enterprise.

You might want to look at the Smoke Eaters here:

http://www.purennatural.com/fs.php?center=smoke-eaters/smokeeater.php

All sizes and prices. Something there just might be appropriate.

I don't have any direct experience with those types of units myself, though, so don't take this so much as a recommendation as more a direction to look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav