Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Jesse

New in Town
SteveAS said:
Nice ones. I presume the BGM was one of the post-Wolters releases?

Yeah I have a couple boxes of the 2005 production but I DO have 1 and only 1 from the <92 production I managed to talk a buddy out of.

I really like the BGM but my favorite in the bolivar line is still the Regentes from 1998. Thats my usual smoke.

Cheers.

Jesse

New in Town
jamespowers said:
Nice choice there. Life is too short to drink cheap scotch. ;) :D

Agreed, life gets better when it's free bottles of scotch too :D (liquor store I worked at went out of business and I made off with a bunch of parting gift loot lol)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LFD Double Ligero Chiselito tonight with a sip or so of Laphroaig. Another very nice cigar, but I think I like the 601 Green better.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
Just realise that I have not smoked a cigar in 4 weeks:eek:

Joke aside - I have made an effort to stop smoking small cigarillos - which in my mind are nothing but cigarettes. And smoked just as easily.
And I guesse I am over the worst now and can - someday - have a cigar and enjoy it, without starting smokinge several small cigarillos everyday.
That is the grand plan!

After two months: Still not smoking - I can't believe it was that easy to give it up.:D
(Sorry - I know this is not the right forum for this kind of nonsens.)

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Well damn, the 'hibas turned out to be pretty obviously fake.

This was today while working on the irrigation system and waiting for the roofers to show up.
IMG_20100917_150521.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
HHISIII said:
Might be getting my hands on a box of Cohiba Reserva Esplendidos :D

HHISIII said:

I'm glad to hear they were found to be fakes. I don't think there's any such thing as real boxes of Cohiba Reserva Esplendidos. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that sort of sounds the same is the Cohiba Seleccion Reservas, which were produced in 2002 and 2003. But there were only four Esplendidos in that box (the other 26 being a mix of five other sizes).

SteveAS said:
I'm glad to hear they were found to be fakes. I don't think there's any such thing as real boxes of Cohiba Reserva Esplendidos. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that sort of sounds the same is the Cohiba Seleccion Reservas, which were produced in 2002 and 2003. But there were only four Esplendidos in that box (the other 26 being a mix of five other sizes).

You are thinking of the (30pc)boxes produced for the Festival del Habano. There were some other great cigars in that mix though. You can still find boxes of those but bring your full wallet. ;) :p

SteveAS

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
You are thinking of the (30pc)boxes produced for the Festival del Habano. There were some other great cigars in that mix though. You can still find boxes of those but bring your full wallet. ;) :p

Indeed I am thinking of those. I don't think they were made for the Festival, however; they have no Festival markings and I've seen box codes from March 2003 (the Festivals are in February).

What have you seen these selling for lately? I bought three boxes a few years ago and I'm thinking of selling one box . . .

SteveAS said:
Indeed I am thinking of those. I don't think they were made for the Festival, however; they have no Festival markings and I've seen box codes from March 2003 (the Festivals are in February).

What have you seen these selling for lately? I bought three boxes a few years ago and I'm thinking of selling one box . . .

They were made in 2002 and 2003. They are going for around $500.:eek:

Jesse

New in Town
jamespowers said:
Parting gifts?! Geez, I would have taken whatever single malts they left behind. ;) lol

I made off with 3 1/2 bottles of Glenrothes 1972 lol the 1/2 didn't leave the building, not in the bottle anyway.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
SteveAS said:

Such is life. I've been eyeing one of the SR boxes through a few venues online. I know that there are legitimate suppliers willing to ship them into the US, I'm just trying to figure out which ones are legitimate.

As for now, this afternoon's smoke was a Rolando Reyes something or the other. Two of 'em came in the 16 sampler from Thompson, whom I'm still rather peeved with...

BobC

jamespowers said:
Better than the LFD?! Hmmmm.... I'll have to give that one a try. :D

Yep, I'd say so. I'll have to try another or two to decide for sure, but that's my first impression. I picked up another size of the 601 too, the Tronco or something like that, 5x50, I think.

BobC

HHISIII said:

This was today while working on the irrigation system and waiting for the roofers to show up.
IMG_20100917_150521.jpg

I see we're mutual friends of Sammy, brewer and patriot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav