Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

rmrdaddy said:
Have you had the Hoyo Petit Robusto? They have been around for a few years now. Really a very nice cigar. I am a slow smoker, so they take me around an hour, even with the smaller length.
I also highly recommend the Por Larranaga Panatela. What a flavorful little smoke!! And soooooooo reasonable!
I still have to pick up a box of the Culebras, thanks for the reminder! :D

I have had bad luck with Hoyo lately. They just don't measure up. I would be willing to try one though if it doesn't get bitter and comeone strong with burnt paper taste like the Excaliber series.
Por Larranaga has always been on my list. Their cuban grade selection is quite good. Yes, the price is very good as well for the quality you get.
Remember not to get bit by the Culebra snake. ;) :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I have had bad luck with Hoyo lately. They just don't measure up. I would be willing to try one though if it doesn't get bitter and comeone strong with burnt paper taste like the Excaliber series.
I had good luck with the excalibur IVs that I have had, although it has been a while.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
James,
I may have an extra Petite Robusto laying around if you'd like to sample one. It may have some slight damage to the head. I had a few that cracked a bit above the band running up to the head.
PM me if you'd like one.

rmrdaddy said:
James,
I may have an extra Petite Robusto laying around if you'd like to sample one. It may have some slight damage to the head. I had a few that cracked a bit above the band running up to the head.
PM me if you'd like one.

Geez, a free cigar. What a cunundrum. :D
I'll trade you an Excaliber for it so it won't be like I was getting something for nothing. :D ;)

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Trading me is pointless....
I have 2 wine coolers converted to cigar storage :) So I have just a couple cigars onhand. :D :D
And when I say Hoyo de Monterrey...I mean the ha- ban-ooohhhh :eusa_clap

I'm new here, I need to curry some favor, take a free smoke you scallywag you! :p

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Romeo No. 2, perfect for an hour-long drive:

DSC04473.jpg

rmrdaddy said:
Trading me is pointless....
I have 2 wine coolers converted to cigar storage :) So I have just a couple cigars onhand. :D :D
And when I say Hoyo de Monterrey...I mean the ha- ban-ooohhhh :eusa_clap

I'm new here, I need to curry some favor, take a free smoke you scallywag you! :p

Oh you don't mean the Hoyo de Dogrocket variety. Now I know what you mean. Sure!:D

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
OK OK
I'll try to post some pics later! sheesh.... :)

Lucky,
If you are smoking a RyJ #2 in an hour....you are a stud! What's with the burn on that one in the pic? Oh, you were driving weren't you? Sorry, that would explain that 45 degree burn line, huh?

rmrdaddy said:
OK OK

Lucky,
If you are smoking a RyJ #2 in an hour....you are a stud! What's with the burn on that one in the pic? Oh, you were driving weren't you? Sorry, that would explain that 45 degree burn line, huh?

Yep, you can forget to rotate the cigar while driving. :D
An hour doesn't seem short for that size cigar. Now if it were the double corona, or the Churchill then it might be a short time. ;) :p

rbbrock

Familiar Face
rmrdaddy said:
OK OK

Lucky,

Isn't a RyJ "Romeo No. 2" a petite corona (5 1/8 x 42)? Unless I'm mistaken (which is certainly possible) RyJ doesn't have a No. 2 like Montecristo.

Edit: I also meant to add, but forgot in the 30 seconds between clicking reply and typing my reply :eusa_doh: , that the picture looks more like a PC than a pyramid, as well.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
rbbrock said:
Isn't a RyJ "Romeo No. 2" a petite corona (5 1/8 x 42)? Unless I'm mistaken (which is certainly possible) RyJ doesn't have a No. 2 like Montecristo.

Edit: I also meant to add, but forgot in the 30 seconds between clicking reply and typing my reply :eusa_doh: , that the picture looks more like a PC than a pyramid, as well.

Yep, I stand corrected.

I saw #2 and immedaitely jumped to Monte #2, Dip #2, etc...
The #2 is actually a tubo PC, 42 x 129.
Nice catch rbbrock :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum