Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a box put away in 2005 but ended up giving most of them to my cousin every time he would show up in town.
Limited Edicion at its best in those few years 2001-2007. I mostly buy the Monte limited for "collection" lest I crave for more and not finding any.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Limited Edicion at its best in those few years 2001-2007. I mostly buy the Monte limited for "collection" lest I crave for more and not finding any.

I have seen some in Moscow last month and unless my memory fails me close to $30 per cigar. I know that Germany was sold out, I looked in both Berlin and Hamburg.

felonyruckus

New in Town
the other night Cohiba Siglo VI Gran Reserva

I was lucky and it was a present, I have had one sitting in my humidor and when I received this one, I figured heck...time to give it a try. I sat and looked at it at first because I was a little intimidated because it's been the "Holy Grail" for me...

The build was nice but, to me it seems compared to the BHK line, the BHK build is slightly prettier.

I sniffed the cigar and it had a real nice smell, toasty and and got a hint of cocoa.

I cut it and took a draw and the draw was just about perfect, not too loose. I could taste hints of grass, cocoa and nuttiness.

I carefully toasted the foot and lit the GR with a soft flame.

Lighting this cigar was quick and easy.

Upon first draw, lots of nice thick smoke...I could taste the smoothness right away. It tasted exactly like it smelled a little grassy, a hint again of cocoa (no i wasn't eating or drinking chocolate) and nutty.
There was no taste of pepper at all no harshness whatsoever.

1/3 perfect draw...a light/medium bodied cigar with a some sweetness and toasty flavors, some coffee flavor and still smooth...

2/3 still right on...decent burn ash fell off right at about the 1/3. It was so good I was catching myself hitting it fast making it hot. I had to slow down and it smoothed out again. The smoothness and creaminess of the cigar remained, there was almost like a fruitiness coming through but, not sure which type. The burn wasn't perfect so I had to fix it once in but, that could have been my fault too. It was subtle up to this point.

last third...I was waiting for the cigar to get peppery but instead, the flavors remained but were amplified. The creaminess and smoothness were magnificent. There was no harshness to this cigar whatsoever throughout the cigar. I literally smoked this to the nub and even down to the nub it was consistent in the flavor profile...just a bit stronger at the end.

I WILL be doing this cigar again...I just need to get my hands on a couple more.

I know there are many people that laugh at the price and such and the price isn't anything to sneeze at but, I loved it. It was more than twice the price of my, much loved, BHK54 but not twice the cigar. I don't mean that in a bad way. IMHO the price of cigars after about $50 the difference is subtle and if you can appreciate those subtleties it is worth it. Sorry it's such a long post and it doesn't make sense.

Short and sweet...
I loved it.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have seen some in Moscow last month and unless my memory fails me close to $30 per cigar. I know that Germany was sold out, I looked in both Berlin and Hamburg.
Not too bad. I reckon Upmann Magnum 50 LE is more expensive. I prefer the D1 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran