Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oliva Serie O double robusto maduro with McClelland's Highland. I really enjoy these late evening events. Makes for a very fine close of the day.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
The Pits

Opus X, Camacho triple Maduro, Oliva G and a Little Havana Overrun from Holts.
cigarsferarri.jpg

3smokers.jpg

today's line up.
2 Boston Butts, 4 racks of ribs, 1 Beef Brisket and a Pastrami.
ahhhh Vacation.

Tom D.

Cole

One of the Regulars
Yesterday I had a Ramon Allones Gigantes and afterwards a Nicarao Especial Torito in the company of Didier Houvenaghel, who is touring Europe at the moment and attended our privat smoke together with the german importer for Nicarao cigars. It was a very nice evening.

Today I smoked a Montecristo Edmondo, which is one of my all time favorites.

BobC

Opus X, Camacho triple Maduro, Oliva G and a Little Havana Overrun from Holts.
cigarsferarri.jpg

3smokers.jpg

today's line up.
2 Boston Butts, 4 racks of ribs, 1 Beef Brisket and a Pastrami.
ahhhh Vacation.

Tom D.

Sounds wonderful, Tom, especially the pastrami. And how did the brisket turn out?

Tonight for me it was a Camacho Triple Maduro with McClelland's Islay. This was the first Islay I bought quite a while ago. It's a good one to try the region's produce. Not very expensive and still quite nice. Of course, that led to trying other Islays....Laphroaig and the nector of Islays, Lagavulin.

Last edited:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Sounds wonderful, Tom, especially the pastrami. And how did the brisket turn out?

The pastrami turned out pretty darn good. Brisket was a little dry. I should have gotten a better cut and done more mopping. Three smokers three personalities also. Add an Oliva V double Robusto to the cigar list. It was a very long day.:D
Tom D.

Last edited:

BobC

The pastrami turned out pretty darn good. Brisket was a little dry. I should have gotten a better cut and done more mopping. Three smokers three personalities also. Add an Oliva V double Robusto to the cigar list. It was a very long day.:D
Tom D.

I've never tried brisket and neither have most of the people I know. They say it's tough to do. No pun intended. :p

Blackadder

Fonseca is one brand I have sort of ignored over the years. Is the #1 a good choice of this brand to try?
Very mild with very light hint of floral fragrance. Maybe too mild for cuban cigar smokers. #1 is a good size however the best Fonseca I've ever tried is from a box of 2003 Cosaco. Can't seem to find another one like that, pity.

Blackadder

Por Larranaga petite corona and Juan Lopez #2.
My friend says the price of cigars sold in the duty free shop at Dubai airport is very REASONABLE! They also have some vintage cigars.

Interesting to know that. I have tried two of the McClelland's and like them both. Do you know who makes their Islay?

That is Bowmore itself---who owns the McClelland's brand in the first place. :p Then again, Morrison Bowmore is now a divison of Suntory. That is supposedly a 4 year old Islay from what I can gather. Not exactly a Lagavulin but it is also about 1/3rd the price. :D

BobC

That is Bowmore itself---who owns the McClelland's brand in the first place. :p Then again, Morrison Bowmore is now a divison of Suntory. That is supposedly a 4 year old Islay from what I can gather. Not exactly a Lagavulin but it is also about 1/3rd the price. :D

Lesss than 1/3 I would say considering that the last bottle of Lagavulin I bought was very nearly $100.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner