Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PSD4 tonight with Lagavulin. I was going to have it with McClelland's Islay, but as I sat the glass down it slipped from my hand, and I had just drained the bottle. Damn, I hate when that happens!

MikePotts

Practically Family
I smoked a fat lunchtime 'El Rey del Mundo' with 4 or 5 post tennis beers overlooking the banks of the mighty Guadalupe River....and darned pleasant it was too.

MP

Blackadder

Upmann petite corona followed by Upmann Noella. Both are fine smoke but the Noella exceeded my expectation. Those recent La Casa editions are very good cigars, some even better than the limited edicion.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Last night was my second Obelisco from La Gloria Cubana. A real change from the serie r and n. The most Cuban like ash I've seen not on a Cuban. Their effort to approximate a cigar from the little island goes right down to the label. Something about the hue of the gold and red and the texture and quality of the paper makes it look more "Cuban" Dark gray firm ash. A distinct pre light flavor. Burned well and smoked strong. I think I'll have another to night with a bit of Dalhwinnie.
Tom D.

Last night was a Bolivar Corona Gordo. Paired with a Redbreast Irish Whiskey until my son fell near me and my arm ended up wearing it.:eusa_doh::rolleyes: It was good too darned it. :eusa_doh: At least the glass and my cigar survived.
My other son actually washed the glass and brought it back but it had Bruichladdich in it instead---that was ok, he'll learn to read eventually. :p

BobC

Cain 550 maduro with Cragganmore. The cigar was nice, but it burned oddly. The scotch was quite nice. I hadn't tasted Cragganmore for quite a while, but i think it's worth another bottle.

Blackadder

I had a Padron Serie 1926 #2 natural. It comes in a red box which I read somewhere that it is for Chinese market. Is that correct? The photos on their website show only brown boxes.

BobC

I am guessing you found the Oban better tasting? :p

Yes, indeed, but I did pick up another bottle of Craggenmore tonight. I think there's a place for it in my cabinet. I also ordered a bottle of McClelland's Islay. To my thinking, it is about as good as Laphroaig and quite a bit less expensivie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21