Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
They were stored in a humidor.

here are some pics if it can help, first of the box for the Bolivar

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

And here of the two 'fellas'

DSC01652.jpg

DSC01653.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes last night, around 3 in the morning for James, I had my pipe. The tobacco was from tobacco cove and was called perfection. I don't try the pipe much since I just can't seem to get the hang of it but my coworkers like the smell and don't run off when I light it up.[huh]

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Its good. Since the 1961 embargo, we can't get Cubans into the US---legally anyway. ;) :p
You did well with those two. The Punch is a whole lot longer than I thought. That will take about an hour to smoke. :D
Just reserve enough time to relax and enjoy. :D

But I should start with the punch right? The Bolivar is too strong for me I think.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
But I should start with the punch right? The Bolivar is too strong for me I think.
have it with a favorite coffee or drink, I can take some stronger cigars with a coffee seems to make it smoother, a little better.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
have it with a favorite coffee or drink, I can take some stronger cigars with a coffee seems to make it smoother, a little better.

I know it doesn't go together, but I just lit up the Punch and have a glass of champagne with it, so far I have to practice to get enough smoke into my mouth to get all the flavours.

Darhling said:

I am not sure which cigars will be too strong for you and if indycop can smoke a strong cigar with coffee then so can you. He has a low tolerance for strong. ;) :p
I am sure they will not be wasted on you. No cigar is wasted on anyone unless you let the dog or cat smoke. ;) :p

Darhling said:
I know it doesn't go together, but I just lit up the Punch and have a glass of champagne with it, so far I have to practice to get enough smoke into my mouth to get all the flavours.

Champagne! Now there is something I have never tried. :eusa_doh:
Now there is something I need to do. ;)
So is the cigar drawing fine or are you just having trouble containing the smoke?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Champagne! Now there is something I have never tried. :eusa_doh:
Now there is something I need to do. ;)
So is the cigar drawing fine or are you just having trouble containing the smoke?

The cigar is VERY fine, I don't think I have tried to smoke anything before and not choke badly on it. I am trying to follow RMRDaddy's suggestions.

I find it very easy to get more an more smoke, hold it, release it slowly and try to push the rest up in the roof of my mouth. It is very easy to draw and it is so far a really nice 'warm' flavour, perhaps a bit woody? I don't know, I am not good at tasting the flavours so far.

The champagne is very nice with it, since they both seem mild (if that makes sense).

I think I might be smoking it too fast though..

Darhling said:
The cigar is VERY fine, I don't think I have tried to smoke anything before and not choke badly on it. I am trying to follow RMRDaddy's suggestions.

I find it very easy to get more an more smoke, hold it, release it slowly and try to push the rest up in the roof of my mouth. It is very easy to draw and it is so far a really nice 'warm' flavour, perhaps a bit woody? I don't know, I am not good at tasting the flavours so far.

The champagne is very nice with it, since they both seem mild (if that makes sense).

I think I might be smoking it too fast though..

Woody, earthy, spicy are all acceptable descriptions. :D
You know you are smoking it too fast when the smoke gets too warm.
I think I mentioned this before, but the thread is pretty long now, I don't leave the cigar in my mouth. It goes there just to take a puff from. Away it goes afterward. It keeps the cigar end dryer and keeps you from smoking too fast.
I suppose my mild was a good call then. ;) lol lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Woody, earthy, spicy are all acceptable descriptions. :D
You know you are smoking it too fast when the smoke gets too warm.
I think I mentioned this before, but the thread is pretty long now, I don't leave the cigar in my mouth. It goes there just to take a puff from. Away it goes afterward. It keeps the cigar end dryer and keeps you from smoking too fast.
I suppose my mild was a good call then. ;) lol lol

definitly woody and earthy, the smoke is not warm at all, i try to keep it in for up to three seconds and then gently let it out for about 3-4 seconds and push the rest in. It really enhances the flavours, but again, this is very mild, much more than other cigars I have tried in the past but I did try in inhale in the lungs back then.

I tried to have a really rich piece of chocolate after a draw and that was good!

I think I am halfways now (from tip to paper'collar') and that has taken me about 45 minutes. I had to lit it once though.

So far I like this!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou