Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
HOLY CRAP!! That's way different than what my instructions told me to do/not to do. My instructions did say: "Do not saturate the interior of your humidor with water." But that's about it. My hygrometer is already showing better results after doing what was shown in the video, rather than what was said in my instructions!

HOLY CRAP!! That's way different than what my instructions told me to do/not to do. My instructions did say: "Do not saturate the interior of your humidor with water." But that's about it. My hygrometer is already showing better results after doing what was shown in the video, rather than what was said in my instructions!

Well they meant that you don't need to get the humidor interior over wet(soak it). Just rubbing it down with distilled water and letting it sit overnight with a wet cloth in it overnight will do wonders. :D

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
My instructions said that I should put a shotglass full of distilled water in the center and let it sit overnight. I had never heard of such a method. I did it anyways. Now I'm using the method in the video and it seems to be working better already!

My instructions said that I should put a shotglass full of distilled water in the center and let it sit overnight. I had never heard of such a method. I did it anyways. Now I'm using the method in the video and it seems to be working better already!

That method would take forever with just a shotglass. I have heard that you could do it with a CigarOasisXL but that takes four days for it to get the humidity up in the humidor to the point that you can put cigars in it. I suppose they worry that dampening the humidor inside might stain the wood but if it doesn't humidify worth a darn then what is the difference? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner