Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Last night Ramon Allones 2011 Short Churchill Regional Series for Israel- this was the first time I smoked it. It was an excellent cigar, full of flavor, spicy. Really impressive. I went on line and there were only a 1000 boxes produced. So chances of me getting my hands on these are not very high.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have not had a cigar for 2 days in stead lighted up some Davidoff red mixture and some Borkuff Riff original.

1961MJS

Hi

I bought a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco. It's described as "La Gloria strikes again!

Utilizing a dark, oily Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, a rich Connecticut Broadleaf binder, and a well-aged blend of robust Dominican and Nicaraguan long-fillers, La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco delivers a bold, full-bodied flavor. But the real beauty lies in its special shape - an unusual pyramid-style vitola that's modeled to resemble a famous Dominican monument. And when this blend is crafted in this shape, the results are nothing but impressive. Complex, to the say the least, with notes of earth, cedar, pepper, cream, and coffee, the Obelisco is truly impressive.

Further adding to the goodness, La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco comes gorgeously presented in a very unique half circle-shaped box."

I definitely don't like dark and oily in cigars, girls on spring break maybe, but not cigars. Couldn't keep the damn thing lit and it was like smoking a railroad tie.

The Rocky Patel Edge on the way to Tobacco Exchange was much better even after being in the car for a week (in a humidor).

later

Later Y'all

Hi

I bought a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco. It's described as "La Gloria strikes again!

Utilizing a dark, oily Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, a rich Connecticut Broadleaf binder, and a well-aged blend of robust Dominican and Nicaraguan long-fillers, La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco delivers a bold, full-bodied flavor. But the real beauty lies in its special shape - an unusual pyramid-style vitola that's modeled to resemble a famous Dominican monument. And when this blend is crafted in this shape, the results are nothing but impressive. Complex, to the say the least, with notes of earth, cedar, pepper, cream, and coffee, the Obelisco is truly impressive.

Further adding to the goodness, La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Obelisco comes gorgeously presented in a very unique half circle-shaped box."

I definitely don't like dark and oily in cigars, girls on spring break maybe, but not cigars. Couldn't keep the damn thing lit and it was like smoking a railroad tie.

The Rocky Patel Edge on the way to Tobacco Exchange was much better even after being in the car for a week (in a humidor).

later

Later Y'all

That is good to know. Thanks for posting it. I had wanted to try the La Glorias.

1961MJS

That is good to know. Thanks for posting it. I had wanted to try the La Glorias.

Hi James

Try ONE, but I wouldn't buy more than 1 of them until you decide they're good. A box of the silly things is $213 at one website. The Rocky Patel's were a very dark Manduro, more than I usually burn too.

Later

Hi James

Try ONE, but I wouldn't buy more than 1 of them until you decide they're good. A box of the silly things is $213 at one website. The Rocky Patel's were a very dark Manduro, more than I usually burn too.

Later

I knw what you mean. I usually sample a single cigar before I buy the box. The Oliva Series V Melanio cigars was one cigar I grew to like that way. They sure are expensive though.:eusa_doh:

Blackadder

Good choices. What were you smoking them in?
Choices rather limited here as there are no tobacconist. All the tobacco here are pre-packed and only a few brands available. Occasionally, my friends bring me some house blend from Europe. They were in a Peterson and a BBB respectively.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot