Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Eduard

Familiar Face
Today I had a "La Flor de Cano", Selectos... Boxcode CBNOSU
CB - Carlos Baliño
NO - 10 (month)
SU - 98 (year)

A typical Cuban cigar. Tasty and flavorful... Pretty cheap but a quite interesting smoke anyway!

Found these at www.cigarworld.de

Eduard

Familiar Face
flordecano.jpg

Forgot the picture :eusa_doh:

RedPop4

One Too Many
Hey guys. Been a bit since I read here. Hope everyone's well.
Lately, the past two weeks, I've smoked quite a few 1958 PreEmbargo Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Cigars that I purchased from J*R way back in 2001. They're still quite good. Box of 50 Epicures (little perfecto--I'm a fool for those) for around $90. Great deal.

I had a Don Kiki Limted Reserva (brown label.) It's a stout, rich Nic. cigar, find some.

Dea by MDCigars.com

RedPop4 said:
Hey guys. Been a bit since I read here. Hope everyone's well.
Lately, the past two weeks, I've smoked quite a few 1958 PreEmbargo Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Cigars that I purchased from J*R way back in 2001. They're still quite good. Box of 50 Epicures (little perfecto--I'm a fool for those) for around $90. Great deal.

I had a Don Kiki Limted Reserva (brown label.) It's a stout, rich Nic. cigar, find some.

Dea by MDCigars.com

There you are! We were wondering if you were on vaction on a certain exotic little island. ;) :p

Eduard

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Wow! Two boxes for $156. Not bad for that cigar. :D Think they'll send some over here? ;) :p

Sure, they ship to the USA, otherwise I have another address for you... White box, no labels, no band... ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Got my box of La Vieja habanas this morning, it said to not smoke them for a few days and let them sit in the humi to recover from shipping. Of course I don't follow instructions well...:eusa_doh: :)
Total with shipping was $38 , so even with shipping they were less than $2 a stick. I got 2 out, one for myself and one for the wife. We had the CAO Brazilia Piranhas last night so they would be fresh in our memory when we tried these. The first thing she said was OMG these are exactly the same, a couple puffs later she said this is BETTER than the Brazilia! I noticed right away it was extremely similar, maybe not as full bodied more medium but extremely flavorful and smooth. It held a good ash, there was a little uneven burn at first with the wind blowing but it straightened itself out quickly. I smoked this one as long as I could hold on to it! I have found my cheapo but good cigar! I loved the packaging it came in also, the box was cheap cardboard but visually pleasing:rolleyes: and the cigars were surrounded by tobacco which I just tranferred to the humidor. I will now take a chance on the other LVH's.

P6200049.jpg

Eduard

Familiar Face
These sticks are made in Nicaragua and are indeed cheap. They are well made and look great with a nice Corojo wrapper but I just don't like the flaw taste of these :eusa_doh:

Do yourself a favor and try a José L. Piedra Cremas. These are (Tripa Corta) "Totalmente a Mano" in Cuba and are about 1 or 2 US dollar a stick. Tons of classic Cuban flavor at such a low price! No Nicaraguan, Hondurian or Domenican can beat these...

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
The JLP Cazadores are also a solid smoke and can be had for a minimal investment as well.

Indy-
The Leather Patch wasn't especially full bodied, but had nice flavors, but again, it's been quite a while since I smoked one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24