Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

MissS

A-List Customer
Montecristo No 2. Yowza! Took me for-ev-ah to finish it. First few puffs had me thinking it was much to strong, then it settled in nicely. Reminded me of coffee and cinnamon?

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Do Camel wides count;) Actually last i smoked was a black and mild... Thinking about picking up pipe smoking, cheaper better quality.

Whats a good brand of pipe, in fact... what are the technicalities of smoking a pipe?

Eduard

Familiar Face
IMG_0786.JPG

Yesterday something tasty was delivered at my place :D

Trinidad, Ingenios LE 2007 (Boxcode AGU OCT07) & Partagas, Serie P N°2 (Boxcode POS FEB06)

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Well, lets see, last night was a La Gloria Taino. It had the usual bold flavor that we expect from the cigars from that exotic little island.
The day before was a Partagas Culebra. I thought I had gotten used to the strength but..... It was a tough ten minutes after I finished. :p ;)
I forget what I had Friday but I am sure it will come to me

indycop said:
Bolivar again.:)

Really?! :D ;) lol
I had a JR Ultimate Cabinet 70. I've had them around for about two years now and at 8" long they take a while to smoke. ;) I was surprised as I had them in their original wooden box without any humidification, yet they were still oily enough to let loose of some of the oil as it burned.
It burned evenly and had a very nice draw. The flavors were muted at best and it finally delivered a wood and leather notes at the finish. The wrapper added a touch of sweetness to it and it was a mild smoke for me. It got pretty charry though after my son distracted me and a nearly put the wrong end in my mouth after picking it up from the ashtray. :eek: Definitely the wrong end for taste. :eek: :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Really?! :D ;) lol
YES! I have one more left, but it has a gold band instead of the silhouette band. I also picked up 2 Brazilias today at my smoke shop. The owner who likes my hats gave me an El Rico Habano, never heard of it but it was free so ...:D
I decided to take a chance and ordered a box of La Vieja Habanas in the Brazilian Maduro. Only 38 bucks including shipping, I have tried their Cuban Corojo but not the maduro. I like brazilian wrappers though, must be something in the soil for growing tobacco and supermodels down there.lol :D

indycop said:
YES! I have one more left, but it has a gold band instead of the silhouette band. I also picked up 2 Brazilias today at my smoke shop. The owner who likes my hats gave me an El Rico Habano, never heard of it but it was free so ...:D
I decided to take a chance and ordered a box of La Vieja Habanas in the Brazilian Maduro. Only 38 bucks including shipping, I have tried their Cuban Corojo but not the maduro. I like brazilian wrappers though, must be something in the soil for growing tobacco and supermodels down there.lol :D

Try the gold band one and tell me what you think. I had one a while back. I am not going to say what I think of it so I don't prejudice your rating though. ;)
Let me know how the Habanas are as well. I ordered the Supervisor select Alec Bradley's to see just how bad their seconds are. ;) :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Try the gold band one and tell me what you think. I had one a while back. I am not going to say what I think of it so I don't prejudice your rating though. ;)
Let me know how the Habanas are as well. I ordered the Supervisor select Alec Bradley's to see just how bad their seconds are. ;) :p
I have already had one of the gold band ones, it was not too bad but I liked the 754 better.

WH1

Practically Family
Just finishing a very nice La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado with a glass of Baywood Cellars 10 year old tawny port and lots of fireflys on the back porch while watching the moon rise, very relaxing.

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Madcap72 said:
Do Camel wides count;) Actually last i smoked was a black and mild... Thinking about picking up pipe smoking, cheaper better quality.

Whats a good brand of pipe, in fact... what are the technicalities of smoking a pipe?

Black and Mild? Er.....maybe you should try something else before switching to a pipe. Just about anything in the Arturo Fuente line should provide you with an affordable improvement over the BM, er...B&M. ;)

The technicalities of smoking a pipe include: stuff, tamp, light, smoke for 4-5 seconds, tamp, light, smoke for 5-6 seconds, stick finger in bowl, burn finger, throw pipe against the wall and go buy a good cigar. lol

I smoked a pipe for years, but it proved to be too much work. I would read the links provided by rmrdaddy and follow their advice.

Oh.....almost forgot......just finishing an Ashton Classic Double Magnum Cedar Aged. Smooth.

Best regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24