Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Pinar P2000 - A cigar made with pre-embargo cuban filler leaves with Ecuadorian binder and wrapper. This stick was given to me by a friend who said it has been aging for over a year. A very satisfying smoke, not a complex blend just a good, rich flavor with a bit of pepper from start to finish.

Veronica T

Familiar Face
So I just found a cigar that has been in my Husband's desk for about 8 years. It is in an individual wrapper, no cigar band on it...really a dark cigar, and is very brittle. Can it be "rescued"? Or should I just toss it? I asked Daniel what he thinks, he has no idea...but said if someone here thinks it can be "softened up" to smoke, he may give it a whirl! LOL!!!!!! It is a big cigar 10 incher and diameter of a nickel. (watch it now).....lol!
So sorry. It is pretty much a goner. The oils have evaporated from the tobacco.

You may be able to make it smokable although it will not taste very pleasant. If you have a humidor, place the cigar in a ziplock-type plastic bag. Partially seal the bag and place in humidor for three weeks. The idea is to very slowly reintroduce moisture. If the cigar becomes misshapened, it has absorbed too much moisture. The inner filler layer will no longer provide the proper draw.

So sorry. It is pretty much a goner. The oils have evaporated from the tobacco.

You may be able to make it smokable although it will not taste very pleasant. If you have a humidor, place the cigar in a ziplock-type plastic bag. Partially seal the bag and place in humidor for three weeks. The idea is to very slowly reintroduce moisture. If the cigar becomes misshapened, it has absorbed too much moisture. The inner filler layer will no longer provide the proper draw.

8 years is a really long time. I've rescued cigars several years old, and while they weren't optimal, they weren't terrible either. As long as the wrapper is still intact, you have a shot at it, but as you say, after this length of time, it's a LONG shot.

On a side note...10 inches is an enormous cigar. Several hours to smoke.

8 years is a really long time. I've rescued cigars several years old, and while they weren't optimal, they weren't terrible either. As long as the wrapper is still intact, you have a shot at it, but as you say, after this length of time, it's a LONG shot.

On a side note...10 inches is an enormous cigar. Several hours to smoke.

Several hours?! You smoke cigars wrong. :plol lol

earl

A-List Customer
PS Luxury Navy Flak in a Peterson Donegal squat bulldog along with a couple of sizable mugs of espresso roast coffee. Earl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR