Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Mm25

One Too Many
Father Dempsey in a Savinelli church warden.
3AE6ABE7-61E2-4B79-9A9C-25C06BB218C2.jpeg

Tried and tried, it doesn't really work. My both Vauen go out, permanently. The old 60s/70s GDR-era pipes, too.

Either it must have to do with these aromated tobaccos, or I don't know...

Mm25

One Too Many
Tried and tried, it doesn't really work. My both Vauen go out, permanently. The old 60s/70s GDR-era pipes, too.

Either it must have to do with these aromated tobaccos, or I don't know...
If the tobacco is wet it may need to dry a little. Also how tightly you pack the pipe makes a big difference. Keep trying.

Mm25

One Too Many
I think, it's the first case. Next time, I will let the can(s) open for some time.
You don’t necessarily need to dry out the whole tin at once. Take out a pipes worth and let it dry. You can experiment to see how it works best for you.

Today Vauen Intro 4, with leftover mix of my first four aromatics.

Was much better this time! I let the tobacco breathe at home and the ten minutes again in the park, where I smoked.
But these aromatics seem to produce just too much condensate, keeping you off from smoking all the way down.

Enjoyed my Jean Claude Brown with Zigarrenkontor-Weimar storebrand "Liszt" (Mac Baren with Mango and some vanilla).
I already love this well working pipe and it gave me again an fine 45 minutes smoke.

But I tell you, yesterday was a really good day.
I had another idea coming to my mind for a possible good place for enjoyng pipe at my smalltown and it's indeed nearly the perfect place!!
It's a really solid bench wit a generous table, where you can place all your stuff convenient. And directly at our river, with it's enjoyable burbling sound, and you're "covert" by green nature, some birds are chirping lovely AND VERY LESS WIND can reach you at this place!
And if all that's not good enough, at this small loop trail around our old castle hill, natives and hikers pass very seldom!! :)
Just nearly the perfect place.
Now I will see, if our forest management, which funnily has it's headquarter here in our smalltown, is able to do some necessary repair at this lovely bench and the table. They already got my mail.

Yeah, today I got the response directly from our forestry chief, that the repair of the lovely seat place will happen as soon as they got the needed workers available!
Man, I look forward, this will be great! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24