Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I didn't know he made Culebras. ;) :p
I had a Nub Habano last night that gave me a slight bit of that. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
I haven't gone back to the NUBs. My ideal size seems to be the Robusto for me and full body cigars. Anything bigger and I will pay in the end!:eusa_doh:

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Today after lunch I tried a Tabak Especial Negra by Drew Estate- a Nicaraguan coffee infused Cigar. When I 1st put it in my mouth I thought awefully sweet wrapper, but that quickly faded and I realized it had a medium to full bodied smoke that was rich in tobacco flavor and coffee flavor- evidently these are being marketed as a bridge between traditional cigar smokers and infused cigar smokers. Was a pretty tasty desert to a good meal.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
indycop said:
Had a LARGE Don Pepin tonight, uh not feeling so good now!!!!!!!!:( shakeshead

Definitely an "After dinner" smoke, eh ??
Havent had many that affected me that way but I do recalll a not-so-pleasant experience with a Camacho Corojo Torpedo................the sweats and shakes were rough !

Had a Remedios Corona while watering the lawn the other day.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
rikrdo said:
Definitely an "After dinner" smoke, eh ??
Havent had many that affected me that way but I do recalll a not-so-pleasant experience with a Camacho Corojo Torpedo................the sweats and shakes were rough !

Had a Remedios Corona while watering the lawn the other day.
lol In the Robusto size it is my favorite cigar but it seems that is my limit .:eusa_doh:

Also noticed I used a lighter last night instead of matches and did not like the taste, I have been using matches exclusively for a few months now and prefer it.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
Is this a new one?

I believe it is fairly new according to my local B&M... I'm still pretty new to cigar smoking myself, but they say it's been selling extremely well. here's what Cigars International had to say about it:

Half cigar, half amazing.

Drew Estate cannot be touched when it comes to top-caliber infused cigars that promote deliciously unique nuances and aromas, and with Tabak Especial they’ve taken the coffee-infused cigar to bold new heights. Don’t be fooled by the understated packaging....the experience that awaits within will thrill your taste buds. Jonathan Drew has carefully influenced superior Esteli-grown long-leaf tobaccos with the robust nuances of Nicaragua’s finest coffee beans. The result is a rich tobacco core layered with savory espresso notes and a touch of milk chocolate, all perfectly balanced by by a sweet, velvety aftertaste.

Tabak Especial is available in two varities. Dulce, which employs a silky shade grown Connecticut wrapper. Then Negra, a dark broadleaf maduro-wrapped beauty.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
brylcreem boy said:
I believe it is fairly new according to my local B&M... I'm still pretty new to cigar smoking myself, but they say it's been selling extremely well. here's what Cigars International had to say about it:

Half cigar, half amazing.

Drew Estate cannot be touched when it comes to top-caliber infused cigars that promote deliciously unique nuances and aromas, and with Tabak Especial they’ve taken the coffee-infused cigar to bold new heights. Don’t be fooled by the understated packaging....the experience that awaits within will thrill your taste buds. Jonathan Drew has carefully influenced superior Esteli-grown long-leaf tobaccos with the robust nuances of Nicaragua’s finest coffee beans. The result is a rich tobacco core layered with savory espresso notes and a touch of milk chocolate, all perfectly balanced by by a sweet, velvety aftertaste.

Tabak Especial is available in two varities. Dulce, which employs a silky shade grown Connecticut wrapper. Then Negra, a dark broadleaf maduro-wrapped beauty.
I have tried the Isla Del Sol which is a coffee infused cigar by Drew Estate but had not tried this one, maybe I will.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Ordered another box last week in a larger size and in maduro. Should be here in a week or so. :D
Good thing you are in California cos I might have had to intercept that box!!
Will be ordering a smaller size maduro, and a larger Conn. soon.;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I had a 601 Red. I got my but kicked from the first one I tried awhile back when I had to use a toothpick to finish the nub. The second time around I stopped myself in time...:eek: :rolleyes: :D

RedPop4

One Too Many
If I remember correctly the Tabak Negra is NOT new. It's their old Kahlua line. Drew Estate was forced to change the name recently as Kahlua backed out of the deal not wanting to be associated with smoking, any longer.

Had a Monte #3 with ten years on it, last night. Lovely smoked it down to my moustache.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
If I remember correctly the Tabak Negra is NOT new. It's their old Kahlua line. Drew Estate was forced to change the name recently as Kahlua backed out of the deal not wanting to be associated with smoking, any longer.

Had a Monte #3 with ten years on it, last night. Lovely smoked it down to my moustache.
Is it a singestach now?:D

RedPop4 said:

Ten year old Monte!? Geez, now I am jealous. Your killing us here. Like they used to say in school when they caught you chewing gum: Don't smoke it unless you have enough for all of us. ;) :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy