Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you for clearing that up. I've never had or even seen any of those you mentioned, but I certainly agree that a good cigar and a good scotch add up to a fine and enjoyable combination. :)

BobC said:
Thank you for clearing that up. I've never had or even seen any of those you mentioned, but I certainly agree that a good cigar and a good scotch add up to a fine and enjoyable combination. :)

wine-club_2016_16065427

Here is a look at it. You are too far away to hoist a glass together. :D [huh]

Kermez

A-List Customer
Currently, I'm taking a break from all the Ike preparations (we've done all we're going to, by now) and am enjoying my last Fuente Fuente Opus X Double Corona. Sadly, no adult beverage, as I'll need to be at least semi-alert throughout the night...

BobC

jamespowers said:
wine-club_2016_16065427

Thank you. I pulled the bottle image off to my desktop, and I'll look for a bottle the next time I'm at the liquor store. Perhaps we can share a taste through cyberspace here on the lounge sometime soon.

russa11

One of the Regulars
I tend to like the Muniemaker cigars. They are not expensive but for me are a good all around smoke if I am out working in the yard or sitting back and having a cold one outside.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i just had a bowl of Briar-Patch "Tapestry" and i really liked it...first bowl since i bought the stuff...very smooth with a hint of spice...much better then the crapper stuff i was smoking before...

vonwotan

Practically Family
No cigar today - it was time to break in a newly acquired Dunhill Estate Pipe - an unsmoked root briar pipe with a short round bowl and an interesting shaped stem... (I lack the vocabulary to properly describe my pipes...) The tobacco of the day is called "Tashkent" from LJ Peretti. Its a somewhat spicy blend of Izmir Turkish and Latakia tobaccos.

feltfan

My shipment of Oliveros arrived. Tonight was a Oliveros LTD.
That's a very nice smoke. Medium strength, full flavor, nice draw.

Went well with Deanston 17 year old single malt scotch.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight at work was a Top Cigar natural. I think this would be a decent cigar but every time I get a cigar from this shop they or seem to be dry, or always something wrong.[huh]

BobC

jamespowers said:
wine-club_2016_16065427

JP, I thought I'd let you know, I stopped into my favorite beverage haunt today and asked about the Dalmore. They didn't have it on hand but said they had carried it before. They're going to order a fifth for me and call when they have it. I think the gentleman said order day was Friday, so I'll probably get a taste early next week. I wish I had one or two (or a box) of my favorite Cubans to enjoy with it (Partagas Series D No. IV).

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
JP, I thought I'd let you know, I stopped into my favorite beverage haunt today and asked about the Dalmore. They didn't have it on hand but said they had carried it before. They're going to order a fifth for me and call when they have it. I think the gentleman said order day was Friday, so I'll probably get a taste early next week. I wish I had one or two (or a box) of my favorite Cubans to enjoy with it (Partagas Series D No. IV).
Ya got til next week to get some!!!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Just ordered a box of CAO Brazilias and a box of Por Larranaga maduros. I see they are starting to run out of some sizes, must be on the down slope.:(

Did get ten 5 Vegas Series A atomics, They will be my first 5 Vegas anything.

BobC said:

Oh geez, you are killing me. I just had my last Partagas of that type about a month ago. :eusa_doh:
Now I am in the mood for some Dalmore again. ;) :D

indycop said:
Just ordered a box of CAO Brazilias and a box of Por Larranaga maduros. I see they are starting to run out of some sizes, must be on the down slope.:(

Did get ten 5 Vegas Series A atomics, They will be my first 5 Vegas anything.

What!? Running out?! I need to get some figurados! Ahhhhh!
Good! They still have the figurados and I already have a box of the toros and double coronas.

indycop said:
CAO Brazilia again tonight.;) :)

Now there is a surprise. :rolleyes: :p
Last night was a two cigar evening. The first was the now out of stock Por Larranaga Toro. :D The second was an interesting but waaaaayyyyy mild Spirit of Cuba Habano. Better than their regular Spirit of Cuba but not a big deal. It had a sort of metallic finish that my friend described as something else.....:p
Does Alec Bradley still make Spirit of Cuba or has he moved on? I could understand why if he has. I'll take the Supervisor Selections over these. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo