Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Interesting smokes lately folks.
How is everyone?
Let's see what can I add to this? I can't remember what I had the weekend before Gustav. This past weekend, back home, Saturday a regular Cuba Aliados robusto before supper and a Romeo y Juilieta Churchill after. Wow, what a landmark cigar that RyJ Churchill is.

I'm fighting something that's had my throat raw since we evacuated.

Kermez

A-List Customer
I highly recommend it:

Last night I had a Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto. (After a dinner of thick grilled steak, sauteed spinich, and cajun mashed potatoes - yeah, sometimes life can be pretty darned sweet! :D )

RedPop4 said:
Interesting smokes lately folks.
How is everyone?
Let's see what can I add to this? I can't remember what I had the weekend before Gustav. This past weekend, back home, Saturday a regular Cuba Aliados robusto before supper and a Romeo y Juilieta Churchill after. Wow, what a landmark cigar that RyJ Churchill is.

I'm fighting something that's had my throat raw since we evacuated.

Ok, is this the Romeo you were talking about?:
rj_churc.gif

I am jealous if so. :D ;)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Right now I'm having an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic Maduro.

(Released around Thanksgiving/Christmas, I hoard mine, and enjoy them throughout the year.)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Right now I'm enjoying an Arturo Fuente Double Chataeux Sungrown.

BTW - I lived in Metarie when I was a kid. I went to St. Benielde from K-6th, and lived just a couple blocks over from Rummell High School.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Well, dude, did you finally get out of there and get that "decent cigar" yet?

I'm having an Arturo Fuente Privada #1 Maduro, accompanied with a snifter of Remy Martin Grand Cru V.S. Petite Champagne Cognac.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad to hear you made it back, RedPop4. Hope all's well where you are.

Last night was a El Mejor Emerald. Good, small cigar.

Night before was a Victor Sinclair Serie '55' Corojo. The first one
I had was boring. This one was pretty tasty. Yeah, I jumped on
the special at CI- a cheap way to learn I figure. The Oliveros
mega-sampler should be on the way next.

Both accompanied by a Beamish stout. Hey, it's the closest
I can get to a cup of coffee after 10pm.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Yes, I did. Last night was a Por Larranaga Double Corona, Maduro of course. ;) :D I had a glass of Cigar Malt along with it.

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is cigar malt? Can't say I've ever heard the term.

Kermez

A-List Customer
The Dalmore Cigar Malt?

Yeah, do you mean The Dalmore Cigar Malt Single Highland Malt Scotch Whiskey (86 Proof)?

If so, excellent choice. Of course, personally I love it, and easily go through 6 bottles a year. :cool:

If not, do tell, my good man! :D

BobC said:
Please pardon my ignorance, but what is cigar malt? Can't say I've ever heard the term.

No problem at all. I should have been more specific. There are a few brands of single malt Scotch that designate themeselves as Cigar Malts. The one I had was Dalmore. There is also Chieftan's Cigar Malt Robusto and Mild Range but I usually have a hard time finding it.
It is sort of gimmicky but I find it does go well with a good cigar. They might just have stumbled on a great idea. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo