Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
The La Gloria Cubana Glorioso is the 2008 Regional Release for the UK.
50 ring by 6.1 inches. Buy one and smoke it. No one can ever take that experience away from you. My .02....
:cool2:

warbird

One Too Many
My wife bought me a CAO America Humidor for Christmas. Two years ago she bought be a CAO Gold Humi, so I guess it is becoming a tradition.

cao_america_humidor.jpg

812.jpg

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Cigar of the week/month

Ok guys, sorry for the time away, but December is busy for retail so haven't had much smoking time, but now that Christmas is over and New Years is upon us, I have a new entry for this weeks Cigar of the Week . . .

Christmas Eve, after a fantastic Christmas Ham dinner, a few of us stepped outside, lit a fire on the patio and sat around enjoying the cold weather outside and each other's company. It was the perfect setting to break out the scotch and cigars. I brought out some Glenlivet 12 Year old which is a fantastic scotch to with with just about anything. And for our smoking pleasure, I brought out some Davidoff Aniversario No. 3's. One of my favorite cigars. This cigar is made in the Dominican Republic with a Connecticut Shade wrapper. This series from Davidoff is one of my favorites. Both the Aniversario No. 1 (Giant Double Corona) and the Aniversario No. 2 (Churchill) are characterized by surprising lightness, dominated by a rich, intense aroma. The tobacco harmonize perfectly in these ideally balanced cigars, exquisitely presented in unique and elegant packaging. The Davidoff Aniversario No. 3 Tubos - a Toro format - is comparable in flavor to the Davidoff Double «R». The shorter format gives this cigar an even more distinctive aroma and fuller body. A longer Robust for lovers of cigars made from rich, characterful tobacco blends. This brand is the best of the best and truly a great quality cigar. Can't wait for New Years!!!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Back to work last night after a week off. Had a Joya de Nicaragua Classic and would rather have been sitting on my patio with the smoking chiminea than standing on the highway at the smoking crash.

For the Christmas holidays, I opened one of the bottles of Talisker I purchased at the distillery this summer; it was super with a Camacho 1962 belicoso on Christmas Eve.

St. Ignatz, thats a nice looking humidor and the Italia is one of my favorite cigars.

Warbird, the humidor tradition is great and the selections are very nice!

Mr. Paladin

Kermez said:
Arturo Fuente King B Sun Grown

BtW - McClelland's is a perfectly fine inexpensive scotch, and I enjoy the Speyside, Lowland, and Highland varieties (in that order), and usually keep a bottle (or so) of each on hand.

As usual, hold the Islay... *yucky*

OH MAN!!! Just ship the Islay on up Dallas way!:D McClelland's is nice and I understand it is less expensive because it is not marketed under the actual name brand of the distillers, which vary. Thats what I read somewhere, anyway.

Mr. Paladin

Kermez said:
Oliva Serie V Belicoso

Today, from one of the attorneys for whom I work, I received as a Christmas present a bottle of Bunnahabhain Single Islay Malt Scotch Whisky, Aged 18 Years. I had a sampling earlier this evening. I am having a tad more with my cigar.

On the matter of Islay scotch, I humbly stand corrected - in this instance, at any rate. As a beverage, it is, as Nero Wolfe would put it, "Satisfactory."

I SHOULD READ EVERYTHING BEFORE RESPONDING! I AM JUST SPEECHLESS! :eusa_doh:

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Of course it is about the lightest Islay...but its a start!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Not today, but tomorrow. To ring in the new year at midnight I shall be on my back porch smoking a Winston Churchill "Blenheim" (7 x 48), named after the palace where the great man was born in 1874. I've read nice reviews of this one and I'm looking forward to it.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Arturo Fuente Double Chataeux Sun Grown

Mr. Paladin said:
I SHOULD READ EVERYTHING BEFORE RESPONDING! I AM JUST SPEECHLESS!

Heh. :D

Mr. Paladin said:
Of course it is about the lightest Islay...but its a start!

Well, that explains that - I thought it was the aging, not the brand. [huh]

Mr. Paladin

jamespowers said:
That Bunnahabhain was a decent gift. When you go to replace it, bring money. ;) :p
Try the Isle of Jura Scotch for the next tasting. That will grow hair. ;) :p

I think he should move up to the next Islay level and try either Bowmore 18 or Bruichladdich. They are slightly more potent that the "Bunn" but many of those delicate tastebuds should have been crashed by the time that bottle is done! :p :p :D

Had just a common Por Larranaga while looking for a rolling shooter celebrating the new year early by pumping holes in parked cars.:(

Mr. Paladin said:
I think he should move up to the next Islay level and try either Bowmore 18 or Bruichladdich. They are slightly more potent that the "Bunn" but many of those delicate tastebuds should have been crashed by the time that bottle is done! :p :p

Those both would be good as well. Again, bring money. ;) :p

Mr. Paladin said:
Had just a common Por Larranaga while looking for a rolling shooter celebrating the new year early by pumping holes in parked cars.:(

A Por Larranaga isn't common. Although fairly mild in comparison to some, certainly better than a Dutch Masters. :eek: :p
A car hunter. Wonderful. :rage: He would be a shrunken head on my wall if he did that to one of my cars that is for sure. :mad: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats