Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cigar value of the year?

Well I never had an opportunity to pick up a supply of
Cuban cigars while in London. That town really closes
down around x-mas.

Tonight I smoked another El Mejor Emerald. I think that's
my best discovery of 2008. Best, at least, for value. It's
a full flavor, relatively smooth, reliable draw cigar for a
bargain price. Cool raw or "shaggy foot" end on it, too.
Had a Sierra Nevada Harvest wet hops ale, too. I appreciate
an ale with so much hops I could taste it over a cigar.

Anyone else have a favorite value cigar for 2008? I know
this is the connoisseur section, but good value is important, too.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Last night was a Rocky Patel Sungrown toro. I like these smokes, full flavored, well constructed with a nice draw and a nice spice ending. My budget cigar (smoke one every day after lunch) is an Indian tabac super fuerte box pressed maduro toro (box price around $59.00). Combined the sungrown with some Blanton's/rocks.

RedPop4

One Too Many
spiridon said:
Headed over to the Sugar Bowl today.....have a lineup of: Bolivar Beli, Ramon Allones S.S. , and a couple of La Lunas. I hope I get to "celebrate" a victory with the Bolivar!:D
And did he call us? Noooooooooo. lol lol lol lol

Let's see, New Year's....

Arturo Fuente Hemingway
Partagas Serie D #4 from 2005
San Cristobal from Ashton, made by Don Pepin Garcia
Montecristo #4 from 1997.

Friday night was a Bauza belicoso. This was a very good cigar, I'd never had one before. I followed that with an old La Corona.

Mr. Paladin

jamespowers said:
Oh and by the way, for someone out there in the know, is it true that Por Larranaga is being discontinued by Altadis outside of Cuba? :eek: :eusa_doh:
I heard this coming from the rumor mill and wanted to check it out. Please tell me this is not true. :eek: :D

I'm not sure about that either, but I have heard it around the cigar shop. I know they are on major closeout from a well-known on-line dealer. I like them and am stocking up for the big Obama/S-chip escapade sure to follow soon! I need more humidor space to survive the next 4 years.

Mr. Paladin

Last night was my first night back to work; busy as Hades and called for a duo. First up was a 5 Vegas Shorty followed later by a Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet.

Mr. Paladin said:
I'm not sure about that either, but I have heard it around the cigar shop. I know they are on major closeout from a well-known on-line dealer. I like them and am stocking up for the big Obama/S-chip escapade sure to follow soon! I need more humidor space to survive the next 4 years.

I have a couple baxes set aside as well for said event. I see JR is having a big S-Chip sale in preparation as well. They don't want to be caught with too much excess inventory to pay the tax on. They have a deal on one size of Por Larranaga as well. I might just have to look into a box there as well. Kind of a small size but not too bad.
Yesterday I had a Cuban Twist while I trimmed my roses. ;) :p

shortbow

Practically Family
This morning was a five for seven dollars Century Sam accompanied by a nice pot of hard boiled ranch coffee. Putin' on the ritz today, I can tell ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav