Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

spiridon

A-List Customer
I'm not allowing myself any cigars until after my Marathon in Phoenix on Sunday, but plan to celebrate with a Cohiba Robusto and a few Don Pepin selections.:D .......might save a few Pepins for the Grand Canyon.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
I am just enjoying a Cuaba Tradicionales.

‘The very best money can buy, according to Anwer Bati and Simon Chase’s Connoisseurs Guide to Cigars.

Certainly is a fine smoke! And I just love that vintage ‘figuardo’ shape.

Cheerio

James

rkwilker

One Too Many
CAO Brazilia toro. Aged a couple of months in the humidor. These are nice after a little humidor seasoning. Wecome back Kermez! I always find some trouble to get into in NOLA....hope you did too. All work and no play...well, you know.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I wonder if what I am hearing to be true. Will the embargo be lifted within the next year or so? [huh]

Lew Rothman and others seem to think so but I don't know. Even if it is, the Cubans have trouble providing the rest of the world with quality cigars now so I'm afraid the prices here will be astronomical, even compared to those in the CdelH shops in the Carrribean and in London. Add the probable $1-$3 Obama/Dem S-Chip tax to that and it might be cheaper to smoke a Ferrari. Some of the folks here can probably afford them but my hope is that the prices of the currently legal premiums will drop when the Cubans become legal. Maybe that will somewhat offset the S-Chip garbage and make those smokes more affordable.

Last night I enjoyed an ITC 1th Anniversary in the lull. Very nice.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Kermez said:
Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva Xtra Viejo No. 49

mmmm, you've got quite the selection of Opus and Anejos . . .

Ashton 8-9-8 . . .one of my all time favorites and regular Saturday morning cigar (I couldn't wait, hehehe).

rkwilker

One Too Many
Last night was another Mac Diplomat maduro perfecto. Must admit I really like em. As I said before, Macs are typically a little light for me but these are very good. Tonight will be a Fuente Hemingway Sig maduro.

Mr. Paladin said:
Lew Rothman and others seem to think so but I don't know. Even if it is, the Cubans have trouble providing the rest of the world with quality cigars now so I'm afraid the prices here will be astronomical, even compared to those in the CdelH shops in the Carrribean and in London. Add the probable $1-$3 Obama/Dem S-Chip tax to that and it might be cheaper to smoke a Ferrari. Some of the folks here can probably afford them but my hope is that the prices of the currently legal premiums will drop when the Cubans become legal. Maybe that will somewhat offset the S-Chip garbage and make those smokes more affordable.

Last night I enjoyed an ITC 1th Anniversary in the lull. Very nice.

I see you got his most recent catalog. ;) Quite a few decent deals in there. The prices might go up for the short term but if the embargo is lifted then capital will flow there to get the factories up to standard and build more to meet the demand.
The S-Chip trash hasn't crossed the finish line just yet so we really have no idea what might come down the line there. :eusa_doh:
Last night was, appropriately, a JR Alternative to a Punch box press. It was better than the last Punch (not form that little exotic island) I had so it wasn't only an alternative but better alternative. ;) :p

RedPop4

One Too Many
:D :D :D
SCHIP has to go to the Senate, now, but the House topped it out at $.40 per cigar. It could have been much worse. In the real world, this will likely raise prices by at least a dollar. Thankfully, they scrapped their floor tax on inventory which would have gutted the retail end of the tobacco business.

Over at Cigar Weekly we have a few stories in CW News. The rep. from the 4th district of Michigan gave a nice speech against the tax. I also have in the same posting, the list of how the House voted.

I'm not happy about it, and the problem with compromise on this issue is that now that there IS compromise, they'll come back again for more.

RedPop4 said:
:D :D :D
SCHIP has to go to the Senate, now, but the House topped it out at $.40 per cigar. It could have been much worse. In the real world, this will likely raise prices by at least a dollar. Thankfully, they scrapped their floor tax on inventory which would have gutted the retail end of the tobacco business.

Over at Cigar Weekly we have a few stories in CW News. The rep. from the 4th district of Michigan gave a nice speech against the tax. I also have in the same posting, the list of how the House voted.

I'm not happy about it, and the problem with compromise on this issue is that now that there IS compromise, they'll come back again for more.

Geez, what did the newly formed tobacco/cigar rights group formed by the manufacturers do wrong?
From Cigar Cyclopedia:

SCHIP bill now starts in the Senate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
After being passed by the U.S. House of Representatives with barely more than a deep breath, the same version of the SCHIP bill (H.R. 2) was received by the U.S. Senate on Thursday. No schedule has been given on its path to certain passage and submission to President-to-be Barack Obama for signature.
~ Rich Perelman

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Geez, what did the newly formed tobacco/cigar rights group formed by the manufacturers do wrong?

My understanding is, that with some changes in administration, the people at the top of the chain that represented us are no longer in office. So basically, we (the tobacco industry) are having to start all over again from scratch. Don't know the full details or names, but all our hard work has been swept out. So here we go again. . . .

CigarMan said:
My understanding is, that with some changes in administration, the people at the top of the chain that represented us are no longer in office. So basically, we (the tobacco industry) are having to start all over again from scratch. Don't know the full details or names, but all our hard work has been swept out. So here we go again. . . .

Just wonderful. :eusa_doh:

Kermez

A-List Customer
CigarMan said:
mmmm, you've got quite the selection of Opus and Anejos . . .

Thanks. :D

I try to stay dilligent when I know they'll be available (especially in Nov. and Dec.). I still have lots of each in various sizes, and plan on enjoying them (sporadically) for months to come - my reward for my efforts in ataining them in the first place...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass