Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

SvH

New in Town
Okay, glad to hear. A fine pipe is like a good friend!
Once I lost my bag containing about 10 pipes. Most were second hands, not too special, except for a few. These I still miss. Especially my first pipe, a Chacom Pilot. Had it for over 10 years, totally worn out on the outside, but a good smoker. Hmmm... Still miss that one..

Okay, glad to hear. A fine pipe is like a good friend!
Once I lost my bag containing about 10 pipes. Most were second hands, not too special, except for a few. These I still miss. Especially my first pipe, a Chacom Pilot. Had it for over 10 years, totally worn out on the outside, but a good smoker. Hmmm... Still miss that one..

Well it is a second hand as well but it is a decent second hand one. :p I suppose it was due for a good cleaning out anyway. :p

10 pipes! That would have been quite a loss. I would miss them too. I have a few from relatives of mine. Those I would be really bummed over if I lost them. :eusa_doh:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Father Le Bijou petit robusto tonight. This box is taking up too much room in my humidor with only five or six cigars left in it. I intend to replace it with another full one as soon as I can. This one is a fantastic cigar.

Effingham

A-List Customer
Right now I'm smoking a La Flor Dominica Double Ligero. It's a real nice smoke, with an interesting shape. From the top, the head seems stubby and flat; seen from the side, it looks like a torpedo. So it's shaped kind of like those plastic holders on Swisher Sweet things. Makes a thicker cigar a comfortable fit in the mout without any deformation from biting.

Damned good smoke. I'm going to put this one in my regular rotation.

Right now I'm smoking a La Flor Dominica Double Ligero. It's a real nice smoke, with an interesting shape. From the top, the head seems stubby and flat; seen from the side, it looks like a torpedo. So it's shaped kind of like those plastic holders on Swisher Sweet things. Makes a thicker cigar a comfortable fit in the mout without any deformation from biting.

Damned good smoke. I'm going to put this one in my regular rotation.

I am sure you know this but for the benefit of others, the end of a chisel cigar needs to be pinched off rather than cutt off because you destroy the head by cutting it with a regular cutter. :D

I am out of those. I'll have to order some more in. You're a bad influence. :D

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Sunday afternoon pipe for this week is Dunhill (Prince type) with Squadron Leader tobacco.

2 fantastic choices. Squadron Leader seems different than it was even 5 or 6 years ago. Not as grassy. Different leaf supply, I suppose.

Last night was McClelland 5100 in a GBD rusticated dublin.

Juan Skillzberg

New in Town
new to the forum, but an avid and semi-seasoned cigar smoker. Just got to taste a Mummy by Tatuaje (besides the mini-mummies in the mini-monster boxes i have). Definitely prefer it to the wolfman which was not a dynamic smoke, but i still think the Boris was the best in this particular series. Also had a very nice maduro short story by you know who.

Blackadder

Ramon Allones Specially Selected and Juan Lopez seleccion #2. 2 pipeful of J J Fox tobacco in my 2 Peterson house pipes. Blowing some Borkum Riff in a BBB now and getting ready to sleep.

Ramon Allones Specially Selected and Juan Lopez seleccion #2. 2 pipeful of J J Fox tobacco in my 2 Peterson house pipes. Blowing some Borkum Riff in a BBB now and getting ready to sleep.

Geez man, you definitely have went through a lot of good stuff there. :p

How was the Ramon Allones? I understand the supply has been limited. I know I have a hard time......

Blackadder

The Ramon was the last one from an old box. Been smoking mostly the Allones Extra. The Speically Selected is not that limited here but a box of nice ones is difficult to find since they used the better tobacco to make Allones Extra. No cigar today just some JJ Fox in Peterson and some Borkum Riff in BBB again.

BobC

I had a Patriarch last night. :p

I'm a bit surprised that you're taking such a liking to the Patriarch since it's a Nick Perdomo product, but it is a really nice cigar.

Tonight for me it was a Rocky Patel Freedom, sent to me at no charge with my order from the auction site I watch the most. I don't think I'll be ordering any of these, but it wasn't all that terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW