Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Wow!

I have avoided reading this thread for years, as I'm supposed to have quit.

Back in the 'ninties and early 'oughts my preferred smoke was Canaria D'Oro, supplemneted by The occasional Partagas, Rigoletto Black Jack,and Parodi "Guinea Stinker". Generally smoked eight to ten sticks a day. After I mad my unwitting contribution to Bernie Ebbers' retirement fund I changed over to undle cigars, some good, a few great, a few truly awful. El Producto Queens have their good points, believe it or not. Antonio y Cleopatera were once smokable, these days not so much. The old reliable commercial cigars (the "five cent" variety) like King Edward which were never much good are now utterly worthless.

Though I'm supposed to have given up smoking per Doctor's orders, I'm still smoking occasionally. currently going through a couple boxes of Leon Jimenes Impereales. pleasant enou smoke, well rolled.
When working at the bench I still sneak a couple of Parodis, heaven forfend!

Last edited:

DesertDan

One Too Many
Alec Bradley "New York" toro. Just discovered this one, flavor-wise it is one-dimensional, in a good way. A fine tasting, med-full bodied smoke.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LOL. Tonite just a Upmann Noella and Davidoff red mixture in a Peterson. Hmmm, am thinking of selling some of my vintage limited edition.

Wow!

I have avoided reading this thread for years, as I'm supposed to have quit.

Back in the 'ninties and early 'oughts my preferred smoke was Canaria D'Oro, supplemneted by The occasional Partagas, Rigoletto Black Jack,and Parodi "Guinea Stinker". Generally smoked eight to ten sticks a day. After I mad my unwitting contribution to Bernie Ebbers' retirement fund I changed over to undle cigars, some good, a few great, a few truly awful. El Producto Queens have their good points, believe it or not. Antonio y Cleopatera were once smokable, these days not so much. The old reliable commercial cigars (the "five cent" variety) like King Edward which were never much good are now utterly worthless.

Though I'm supposed to have given up smoking per Doctor's orders, I'm still smoking occasionally. currently going through a couple boxes of Leon Jimenes Impereales. pleasant enou smoke, well rolled.
When working at the bench I still sneak a couple of Parodis, heaven forfend!

Geez, you must work at home to smoke those Parodis. Man they stink to high heaven. lol lol
Didn't George Burns smoke Queens? Milton Burle used to tell the story about Burns being cheap. He sent him a box of "good cigars" and Burns never smoked them. lol lol
Leon Jimenes are fine cigars to smoke.
Eight to ten sticks a day is a bit much. lol lol I am lucky to get one in a day. My doctor calls that non-smoker. lol

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Do you ship internationally? :p
I am tempted because there is no market price. I am free to set whatever price since I am not in a hurry to sell. My Monte Double Corona 2001 LE box of 25 could be worth well over USD 1200 (I'm keeping another box:D) since my Cohiba Pirimides LE2006 box of 10 is worth GBP350 in UK now and worth USD 700 in HK. My friend just bought a box of the Cohiba Pirimides at some small shop in Spain for Euros 200 a year ago, too bad they only had that last box.
Tonite were a Cohiba Genios and another RyJ tubos #1 vintage 98.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24