Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

furious

New in Town
Getting ready to fill an old Eight-Dot Sasieni Stamford with some Squadron Leader. This is my usual weekend morning smoke.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I went into the cigar store connected to Jacob's liquor in Wichita on Saturday. I bought 4-5 lancero style cigars. I started with a Candela (green one?) and then a light Manduro / dark Natural wrapper one. They were both good, but the lighter one was better. I'll see if I can figure out from the ring what the brands were.

later

stevew443

One of the Regulars
I popped open a tin of Escudo that has been in my cellar for the past 8 years. It has aged so very well and the figgy aroma of the tobacco is wonderful. I have been smoking it in various Savinelli pipes that have become my go to pipes.

There is something to be said about ability to smoke outside any time you want and wearing fedora/panama hats year around instead of a beanie..

Even if it is cold outside, I smoke inside near the fireplace with a good book. One of the benefits of having a designated smoking room with bar etc. :p
Last night was a Allones Short Club and an Upmann short corona.
Smiley_Emoticon_Smoking_a_Cigar_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100216-035623-188042.jpg

blazerbud

One of the Regulars
Anyone ever have Peterson SummerTime?
It's my favorite pipe tobacco blend, and everyone appreciates the fragrance.
It may be a little fruity for most, but I like it.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Anyone ever have Peterson SummerTime?
It's my favorite pipe tobacco blend, and everyone appreciates the fragrance.
It may be a little fruity for most, but I like it.

I agree it's good. I find it loses its flavor after halfway through the bowl. I've much better luck with it in smaller pipes packed tight.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Is the P2 better than the D4?
P2 is a good cigar but personally for my taste I prefer D4. I like the taste of D4 better than P2 and I like robusto shape cigars and indifferent to piramides. As a daily smoke (excluding all the fancy limitadas, regional series and Siglo VI that are in a class of their own) D4 is one of the better Cuban cigars out there. My 2 cents.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
P2 is a good cigar but personally for my taste I prefer D4. I like the taste of D4 better than P2 and I like robusto shape cigars and indifferent to piramides. As a daily smoke (excluding all the fancy limitadas, regional series and Siglo VI that are in a class of their own) D4 is one of the better Cuban cigars out there. My 2 cents.
I also like D4 better. The reason being the P2 is milder than expected. When it first came out, I had expected the P2 to be a D4 in pirimides but that's just my wishful thinking, just as I had wished that the Edmundo is a bigger Monte Robusto. LOL. Anyway, this box of P2 has darker wrapper and it is the only box of P2 I have ever bought. However, I do favour the pirimides and torpedos shaped cigars. Unfortunately, some of my favourite brands do not come in those shapes, e.g. Rey del Mundo and Ramon Allones. Tonite was Cuaba Distinguido from also the only box of Cuaba I ever bought.

Last edited:
I also like D4 better. The reason being the P2 is milder than expected. When it first came out, I had expected the P2 to be a D4 in pirimides but that's just my wishful thinking, just as I had wished that the Edmundo is a bigger Monte Robusto. LOL. Anyway, this box of P2 has darker wrapper and it is the only box of P2 I have ever bought. However, I do favour the pirimides and torpedos shaped cigars. Unfortunately, some of my favourite brands do not come in those shapes, e.g. Rey del Mundo and Ramon Allones. Tonite was Cuaba Distinguido from also the only box of Cuaba I ever bought.

Good to know. Thanks.
I favor the pirimides too so I understand wanting them to be good. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner