Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

earl

A-List Customer
If you get a chance, I would like to see some of your collection. Pics?
Am too tech impaired to post pics am afraid. Peterson is my favorite pipe maker and makes up around 40% of my collection. The rest of it is made up of pipes from many makers, All my higher grades are Petes though. All 10 of my top 10 favorite pipes are Petes. Favorites get smoked once weekly while the others are smoked less frequently.

earl

A-List Customer
As my usual evening smoke lately is Kendall Dark, had it in a Rossi magnum sized lumberman. If you want a good smoker on the cheap, can't do much better than Rossi. Also have a Rossi 320, my favorite author shape. Did use a Peterson today, though, in that I smoked my dark stain Professor.

I tried the "maximum load" experiment with my Vauen Intro, today. And exactly like I thought, it didn't work fully well.
2/3 burned well over 20 minutes and the last 1/3 on the bottom was too compressed.

So like I thought, better staying with the normal "full load", which a pipe is surely made for. :D But this Vauen Intro itself works just great.
Tobacco was Golden Blend's No.2.

earl

A-List Customer
There generally isn't much novelty to my smoking rotation as I tend to smoke the same pipe at the same general time of the day on the same day each week. So, it would probably be a bit repetitive for me to routinely post here. So, for instance, as this was Sunday night, I smoked Kendall Dark in my oak pub pipe, while earlier smoking a magnum bent Willmer billiard and a no name blasted acorn. Tomorrow will be my standard Monday pipes, a 2019 Peterson spigot tankard group pipe, my smooth XL23 Kinsale, a Nording Canadian, and an, as yet, undetermined fourth pipe.

Tried Sungold Hausmarke (Golden Virginia/Black Cavendish), yesterday. Vanilla-like.
But it finally was a little too cold and TOO WET, after all this rainweather, so I could only smoke halfway down.

What was the coldest weather, you've been smoking pipe?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to smoke several Stanwell pipes and Stanwell tobaccos , most often „Melange“, back in the days.

The coldest weather I smoked a pipe at must have been something around -10C.

Mm25

One Too Many
Today I will be smoking my new cutty, filled with bullseye flake.
71425B5D-CDDC-4975-A9C5-8BBA65875571.jpeg

But another question, just for interest.

How often can you smoke pipe, without your throat becoming uncomfortable? Could you really smoke every day?

Whatever I tried, my four tobaccos from the 50g satches never really worked well. I think, it must have to do something with them always again pressed together in their satches. I mean, the satches can't be optimal container, right? Even, when I put some tobacco out and let it dry for 10 or 15 minutes, it didn't change much.

So today, I finally decided to put them in kitchen dose with fine clip-lock!

But for underways, I cleaned this new, handy sausage can and filled it up. I think, all this could bring a good effect to this cheap beginner stuff from gas station.
Next time, I will get some surely better stuff in the classic 50g cans, like McBaren, Stanwell, or whatever, I tell you!! :)

I mean, I can't blame my two Vauen pipes for the worry, they are totally well made.

Attachments

• IMGP9258.JPG
    IMGP9258.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP9259.JPG
    IMGP9259.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Got a can of Weimarer Düfte - Liszt, today. It's one of the storebrand from a well equipped store in Weimar. It's Virginia/Burley/Black Cavendish mixture with some Vanilla-Mango aroma. It's made by Mac Baren Germany (former Unitas).

So next Sunday, we will see, if Franz Liszt is also a good smoke!! :p

Attachments

• IMGP9261.JPG
    IMGP9261.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
These generic "mini stick lighters" are a good alternative to finger-hostile basic cigarette lighters or classic pipe lighters, in my opinion!
And refilling works. :)

Attachments

• IMGP9268.JPG
    IMGP9268.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP9270.JPG
    IMGP9270.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member