Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What dance moves are these (Early 60s)?

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
The film I've linked is an 8mm home movie of my mother's communion party, I am guessing the film was shot sometime between 1960 and 1963 (my mom was born in 1954). What dance moves are she, her friend and my great-uncle dancing, and what kind of music was likely playing?

Her parents were somewhere between age 40 and 43 (grandfather) and grandmother was between 33 and 36, and her uncle dancing was somewhere between 47 and 50.
[video=youtube;6oR9g3MYfnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oR9g3MYfnw[/video]

Last edited:

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
House décor looks to be still "50's vintage. One set of moves by the young lady remind me of the wah-ah-wah-tusi...

I know for a fact, time wise, that the film was shot after June 1961, as that is when the house the film was shot in was bought by grandparents. So the film probably dates to the Spring of 1962 upon reflection, maybe 1963. I'm not sure at what age a Catholic child would make communion back then - but my mother, the little girl, was born in 1954.

emigran

Practically Family
I know for a fact, time wise, that the film was shot after June 1961, as that is when the house the film was shot in was bought by grandparents. So the film probably dates to the Spring of 1962 upon reflection, maybe 1963. I'm not sure at what age a Catholic child would make communion back then - but my mother, the little girl, was born in 1954.

Right... Catholics usually receive their Communion at 7-8 so that puts it squarely in 1962 time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR