Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you buy for yourself this Christmas?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A gunmetal gray Alpha MA-1, some new clothes, and a couple DVDs of Coen Brothers films.

Not actually for Xmas - or Chanukah, which is my family tradition - just for the new season and to combat the winter blahs.

andy richards

Practically Family
Finally my Filson tin cloth field jacket arrived... So, that will be my Christmas gift for me this year.
Will post some pics this week after I am allowed to open the package...
Andy

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
A vintage "eskimo" or "cagnaro"... well I have to explain this to non-italians: it was a kind of parka with a veeeery heavy liner, mid way between a N3 and a raincoat... used by italian dockers, truck drivers etc. (then obviously adopted by hipsters, counterculture and the like).
I'd say, never seen one outside of Italy, and completely extinct here too.

A new Fortis B-42 and a MacBook Pro - actually, that's from my company ;)
Leather samples from Aero to torture me because I can't decide which to buy!

ace12

New in Town
An Eastman A2, 2nd hand coming in from the Uk in great condition - paying only 1/4 of the original price! But don't think i'm getting it until the snowstorm there subsides!

Last edited:

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Coffee,
Thanks. It certainly took a long time...
At first I've had an order placed at Crane's, who in the end wasn't able to get the jacket. That took a few months...
Then I decided to place an order thru ebay. There was a guy (who had a bad feedback, though) who said he could deliver immediately and at a good price too... So after a few emails I decided to go for it and in a week or so the package arrived. Excellent service from this guy! It turned out he also has a website where he sells Filson stuff for good prices. His website is www.sportingmarine.com .
Also I have ordered an OD wool liner and hood to match with this amazing jacket. Will post some pics after Christmas...

The packer hat is excellent. I wear it often, especially I like to wear it in the rain. Also I have some Filson wool hats on order.

So, next week there will be a "Filson Special" on the FL. To be continued...
Andy

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
A pair of Alpha non-leather flight jackets: a navy blue MA-1 & a vintage green B15 both on deep discount from 'belote' on ebay. Hoping the vintage green colour doesn't look funky. Anyone familiar with this Alpha colour?
Cheers, Ted.

kowalski

Practically Family
Now I bought a RAF WW2 1944 dated Battle Dress jacket , from ebay
MERY CHRISTMAS ALL FROM POLAND , ps jacket and trousers bd dated 43 ALSO :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner