Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Agreed. It's a little cloying in the original. Any other cocktails you like with Chartreuse?

Chartreuse cocktails that are decent are few and far between. Last word is a bit too even for me as well. RF's change to the recipe would be welcome.
Alaska is another:
3 ounce gin
1/2 ounce Chartreuse
1 dash orange bitters
Stir with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a lemon twist.
3 to 1/2 is a much better choice with Chartreuse.

Others that come to mind are Harrington, Champs Elysees, Norwegian Wood (for bitter lovers:p) and Widow's Kiss:
2 ounce Calvados
1 ounce yellow Chartreuse
1 ounce Benedictine
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Stir or shake with ice and serve in a cocktail glass.

The tyrol and Tail Spin aren't exactly my favorites but I'll mention it for some who love Campari:eek: and vermouth.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I'm having "The Last Word" with Hendrick's- garnished with a cucumber.:cool: < the drink not me.
Mr. Fish, I have tried but I just cannot bring myself to warm up to Hendricks with a garnish of cucumber no matter how small the piece. I'll stick with the lemon peel. What about the price of Hendricks in your neck-o-the-wood? For 750ml it's about $34 while Beefeaters or Tangueray are right under $20! Sometimes I don't think Hendricks is quite worth the premium price.

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
As the notice suggests, there was no alcohol, and it wasn't free! Suffice to say, I gave this abomination, a very wide berth! :eeek:

SantaSpecial004.jpg

Danny O

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Saturday night, after my daughter's wedding, the brother-in-law and I each enjoyed a Manhattan, the sister-in-law sipped a Lillet cocktail, and my wife skipped the libations.

BTW, I introduced my brother-in-law to the Boston Side Car and he raved about it.

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
Finally found a bar with Vergano Americano. It's a chinato that's halfway between a vermouth and an amaro. Quite excellent for sipping, but with Leopold's and Carpano, made an amazing Negroni.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Agreed. It's a little cloying in the original. Any other cocktails you like with Chartreuse?

I used to drink it neat with my dad because that's how he liked it, and that's why I have a bottle. Still looking for good combos for it. I read a suggestion to mix it with tonic- didn't like.

JP has got a good handle on what mixes well- except for his aversion towards Campari.:p ;)

rumblefish

One Too Many
Mr. Fish, I have tried but I just cannot bring myself to warm up to Hendricks with a garnish of cucumber no matter how small the piece. I'll stick with the lemon peel. What about the price of Hendricks in your neck-o-the-wood? For 750ml it's about $34 while Beefeaters or Tangueray are right under $20! Sometimes I don't think Hendricks is quite worth the premium price.
I hear ya'
Not for everyone. I'm getting Hendrick's for 32 even, it's one of three I keep around- Beefeater for Martinis, Gordons for G&Ts with run-of-the-mill tonic, and Hendrick's for special tonics and mixes.
I think Hendrick's does best with Q Tonic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points