Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

CopperNY

A-List Customer
while at a bar for a party w/ coworkers, i tried McSorleys Irish Black Lager.

not so great. better than average schwartzbier, but way too carbonated.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Hirsch Selection Small Batch Reserve

I was visiting the SC coast last week and picked up a bottle of Hirsch Selection Small Batch Reserve at a mom and pop shop. Save your money. To my way of thinking there are much better choices for $36+ per jar. To wit, Knob Creek at dollars less. I had higher hopes given it's 47% ABV. At 94 octane you'd expect a bit more taste. I'm guessing this bottling is a bit green as I could not find the age on the label. Mostly I find when bourbon is aged 6 years or more the bottler does not conceal that news. Live and learn.

We had a small scotch tasting/ JB Rare, then Glenmorangie 10 YO. Highland 15 YO and some Abalor 18 yo.

I am not a big Scotch drinker but I liked the Glenmorangie best.

You did fairly well in distinguishing the good one there.;) drinking62.gif

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've been drinking a lot of dirty martini's lately. I think I've been inspired by watching Sabrina over the weekend.

When I go out now I have to specify that I want a "gin Martini" (or I will get a Vodka one by default) which hits me as being so wrong. But then I've also had to tell bartenders how to make a Martini (as in they had no idea where to start).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm