Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BD,

My apologies for the delay, I was in the cellar! Why yes, may I recommend the "Maple Leaf".

Using a 50ml measure:

1 1/2 measures of Bourbon (Woodford Reserve)
1/2 measure of maple syrup
1/2 measure lemon juice

Shaken with ice, strained, and served in an old-fashioned glass, garnished with a cinnamon stick.

Or, alternatively, a "Brown Derby"

Using a 50ml measure:

1 1/2 measures of Dark Rum
1/4 measure of maple syrup
1/2 measure lime juice

Shaken with ice, strained, and served in a Martini glass.

We look forward to seeing you at The Club.

Cheers

Danny O
x

Danny O,

What were you doing in the cellar? I waited and waited at the bar, until I got fed up and left! :( Think I left my coat, yet again....

Now that sounds like the perfect maple syrup drink for me! The 'Maple Leaf' :canada: Pour one out for me, when you get a chance bartender!

X
BD

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Danny O,

What were you doing in the cellar? I waited and waited at the bar, until I got fed up and left! :( Think I left my coat, yet again....

Now that sounds like the perfect maple syrup drink for me! The 'Maple Leaf' :canada: Pour one out for me, when you get a chance bartender!

X
BD

BD,

Well, somebody had to change the barrel, and what with the recent staff shortages......

My dear, I would never, intentionally, leave you at the bar, unaccompanied. Yes, I have your coat, and I believe you dropped an earring, too. I'll have the driver drop them around to your apartment, at the first opportunity.

"Maple Leafs" are on the bar, this evening!

Cheers!

Danny O
x

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
Finally got a reliable stock of Rittenhouse 100 BiB Rye back into our local liquor palace, so we celebrated with a Sazerac for the wife and a Whiskey Cocktail (same minus the absinthe rinse) for me.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Last night, a "Leap Year", and a "Chambord Cosmopolitan"

Tonight, an ice cold, 2001 Vin Santo di Chianti, with some Italian Cantuccini Biscotti, and a couple of Tanqueray Rangpur G'n'T's........"Old Habits Die Hard"!

Danny O

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BD,

Well, somebody had to change the barrel, and what with the recent staff shortages......

My dear, I would never, intentionally, leave you at the bar, unaccompanied. Yes, I have your coat, and I believe you dropped an earring, too. I'll have the driver drop them around to your apartment, at the first opportunity.

"Maple Leafs" are on the bar, this evening!

Cheers!

Danny O
x

Danny O,

I'm relieved to hear you didn't leave me alone, intentionally. My coat and an earring? Goodness me, where was my head that evening? In the clouds I gather.

I could use some 'Maple Leafs' now...or anything at this moment actually!

Over the weekend, I had red, red wine...and it made me feel so fine.
X
BD

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My favorite :)

You have good taste Rue!

My husband and I were in Châteauneuf-du-Pape a year ago and did a few tastings and ordered a crate to be sent home - it arrived a few weeks later and sadly most of the bottles were like vinegar! It was too horrible to even use in cooking! Of course the bottle from last night didn't come from that particular batch - it was so delicious!

rue

You have good taste Rue!

My husband and I were in Châteauneuf-du-Pape a year ago and did a few tastings and ordered a crate to be sent home - it arrived a few weeks later and sadly most of the bottles were like vinegar! It was too horrible to even use in cooking! Of course the bottle from last night didn't come from that particular batch - it was so delicious!

How awful that some didn't turn out well :( I'm not lucky enough to have gone to the region, but it's the wine we always order when out to dinner if it's available :)

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
I'll need something to drink tonight...not sure what...any suggestions? A 'Maple Leaf'?
X
BD

BD,

With the temperatures as they are, I'd suggest something like a Hot Toddy, or warm spiced rum. Having said that, a nice country pub, with a roaring log fire, your favourite tipple, and some good chat, will probably hit the spot! :)

And, with any luck, the landlord will have a "lock-in"!

Danny O
x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot