Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

J.D. Hunt

New in Town
Just opened a bottle of Bordeaux out of the "cellar" this evening. Chateau Grand-Jean 2003. Magnifique!

And this from a lad who feels if it is red he can safely drink it. Which is OK, because if I had been there he would have shared it with me.
Good on you, Renault. J.D.Hunt

Justin B

One Too Many
Eh, can't say I was being particular last night. Knocked down a couple of Shiner's in the garage while cleaning gasket material off engine parts...a job that always calls for beer.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
A very simple drink I've made up myself (based on several existing cocktails).

-One part Italian Vermouth
-One part port
-Dash of grenadine
-Juice of about a quarter of a lemon

Shaken and served in a cocktail glass with a twist of lemon peel. The result is quite sweet but nevertheless a balanced cocktail in my opinion. I might make one right now actually (although I've run out of grenadine).

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Carte Blanche Cocktail from the New James Bond Book
http://summerfruitcup.wordpress.com...e-blanche-cocktail-new-james-bond-book-drink/
carte-blanche-cocktail.jpg

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Yesterday I celebrated the evening: first with a glass of "Hochstift Pils", a beer similar to Lager from the region I live - then I crowned this with a glass of Scapa 16 years old Single Malt Scotch Whisky from the Orkney Islands...

Adcurium

A-List Customer
James:

I want to mix up a pitcher of Mai Tai for some company tonight. I still can't find the Rock Candy syrup, but I've been using a simple syrup, and the drinks are coming out pretty well. The original recipe calls for "Juice from one lime", or somehting similar to that. If I wanted to make, say, 10 servings in a pitcher (which I would then shake with ice, pour into a glass and garnish with mint (FRESH mint, from my flower beds, BTW)), how many ounces of fresh lime juice should I use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW