Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Danish used to be our written language some years ago.. Danish is such a weird/funny dialect. The cool thing about Denmark, Norway & Sweden is that all three languages are mutually intelligible, so you can communicate with the others through your mother tongue.

That sounds interesting! What does it taste like?

I understand about the Scandinavian language, in visits to Europe and family visiting us it was not uncommon to have the variations of Dansk and Norsk in the one conversation. I describe Danish as similar to Swedish or Norwegian but with a real Southern Drawl. The Dansk swallowed "D" is funny to hear after hearing the others.

Blending beers is a fun and fine art. Friends say I have a knack for it. A blend of Porter, Barley wine and an extra hoppy pale ale brings the chocolate of the porter to the malty heavy and sweet and then the balance of the hoppy pale ale off sets the sweetness. I tend to shy away from Porters that use Black Patent Malt for color as it brings an ashes dryness I don't like. I prefer using Roasted Barley for color and flavor, with Chocolate malts and dark crystal malts to build color, flavor, body mouth feel and aroma.

Back in the 1990's I was home brewing and made an Imperial Porter a Porter version of an Imperial stout. The blend recreates the results quite well.

Really enjoying it lately!

beer2.jpg

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Last night: Cucumber Gimlet. Hendrick's Gin, cucumber water, lime juice (and a little sugar).

Tonight: Rum and tonic (R.L. Seale's 10 y.o. rum, Q tonic).

Cheers,

RC

MissChloeCorville

Familiar Face
I stick to my favorite, Jameson! Straight up or with soda, it's amazing either way. I'm a whiskey girl and I like a lot of different kinds but with Jameson I get no headache or hangover. It's heaven-sent! ;)

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Attended my cousins wedding on saturday. Had some Heineken beer, Famous Grouse whiskey, Moet Champagne and some other drinks (Gin Tonic etc) .. It was a good evening!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I had my first Manhattan on Saturday night, I have several types of Rye Whiskey (thanks to this place), but I have to go buy Sweet Vermouth. I keep Bitters in the fridge, but someone keeps throwing it out, so no bitters. Anyway, it was all I could do to drink it. I'll try one more before I toss the Vermouth, but after I go buy bitters and cherries.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

I had my first Manhattan on Saturday night, I have several types of Rye Whiskey (thanks to this place), but I have to go buy Sweet Vermouth. I keep Bitters in the fridge, but someone keeps throwing it out, so no bitters. Anyway, it was all I could do to drink it. I'll try one more before I toss the Vermouth, but after I go buy bitters and cherries.

Later

1961MJS

What took you so long!

Hi, I just started drinking Rye about when I joined here in March 2010. I hadn't even considered drinking Rye Whiskey until then. I tend towards Jack and Coke, Gin and Tonic, Scotch, Red beer, and Port. I don't go out to bars much, so ordering one wasn't possible / a good idea. I work in aerospace, and the seedy bar we go to about once a month after work wouldn't have Rye Whiskey, Sweet Vermouth, or Bitters. I have a few things done and was bored... I just wish my wife and kid would leave the bitters in the refrigerator darn it. The stuff probably lasts for years.

Later

rumblefish

One Too Many
I had Ithaca Beer Company's Flower Power over the weekend, had a 32 oz. growler full.
Right up Tomasso's alley, I'd bet.
A must try for those who are big hop fans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner