Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I had a ScarletO'Hara.

Scarlet O'Hara

1 1/2 Jigger Southern Comfort
1 1/2 Jigger Cranberry Juice
Juice of 1/4 Line

Shake well with ice and strain into glass

From The Standard Bartenders's Guide (the new expanded edition, 1955).

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A bottle (with my wife) of low-cost VQA Ontario red wine, only $7.95 but very nice. I think that may be the lowest price chargeable under our law!

Speaking of Lagavulin, I'm completely out...

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Whiskey

Last night my staple; 'Bushmills' ...my local bar keep gives me a nice pour every time.

Night before, Black Maple Bourbon.

(really wish I had Old Potrero on the shelf for home...hard to come by)

GClark

One of the Regulars
MisterCairo said:
A bottle (with my wife) of low-cost VQA Ontario red wine, only $7.95 but very nice. I think that may be the lowest price chargeable under our law!

Speaking of Lagavulin, I'm completely out...

That is so sad - (the Lagavulin, not the wine). I'm so afraid of running out of Lagavulin that I get itchy if I open my "reserve" bottle without purchasing another first.

dhermann1 said:
The last dregs of a 40 year old bottle of Teacher's Highland Cream blended scotch. Very good.

That reminds me. I have a commemorative bottle of George Dickel Whiskey still around from my grandfather. It is labeled October 1954. There isn't much left and what is is pretty cloudy. I wonder how that would taste. :eek: I kep it as a decoration for my bar. :rolleyes:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
GClark said:
That is so sad - (the Lagavulin, not the wine). I'm so afraid of running out of Lagavulin that I get itchy if I open my "reserve" bottle without purchasing another first.

A "reserve bottle".

If I'd only thought of that before. You are my new hero....

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
The best I've had yet . . .

Ladies and Gentlemen . . . I most definitely need to share this. Last night a customer of ours who enjoys collecting Limited Edition Cigars and Tobacciana was gracious enough to bring by a bottle of Royal Lochnagar Selected Reserve. Royal Lochnagar Distillery is just a mile or so along the banks of the River Dee from Balmoral Castle in the East Highlands. It's one of their finest single malts going for approximately $300 a bottle. We popped it open and pour a dram for everyone and let me tell you . . .just the smell coming out of the bottle was intoxicating. Definitely packed a wallop, but oh-so smooth. It was like liquid sex in a bottle . . .well almost.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of old bottles

Years ago, 1970 to be exact, my friend found a case of rye whisky in his old barn, labelled "Old Farm", made in Scottdale PA (where he lived). The bottles had corks and the tax labels said 1918. Wasn't necessarily great stuff, but it was good enough to be very careful about spilling.
I have a bottle from an old trove of booze found in a locked cupboard in my old basement. It's an unopened bottle of Bacardi rum. It must be from before 1961, because the label says it was made in Cuba, not Jamaica. Haven't opened that one yet.
Anyhoo, I would guess that old bottle of whisky would be fine, cloudy or not. I like Dickel, it's one of my favorites.

dhermann1 said:
Years ago, 1970 to be exact, my friend found a case of rye whisky in his old barn, labelled "Old Farm", made in Scottdale PA (where he lived). The bottles had corks and the tax labels said 1918. Wasn't necessarily great stuff, but it was good enough to be very careful about spilling.
I have a bottle from an old trove of booze found in a locked cupboard in my old basement. It's an unopened bottle of Bacardi rum. It must be from before 1961, because the label says it was made in Cuba, not Jamaica. Haven't opened that one yet.
Anyhoo, I would guess that old bottle of whisky would be fine, cloudy or not. I like Dickel, it's one of my favorites.

I was thinking of finishing off the old stuff and replacing it with modern stuff---after cleaning out the old bottle of course. ;) :D

scotrace said:
Don't talk dirty. lol

(what the HECK are you talking about?)

Silly boy! :p
B036_corsendonk_agnus.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21