Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
With an Indian Summer in full swing in Los Angeles (85 degrees at 5:00 in the afternoon), we had a Tom Collins from highball glasses with my late father's initials etched in them. Very refreshing!

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
Last night: bottles of Wells' banana bread beer.
Lunchtime: pint of Elland brewery's Angel Witch - anybody remember the band? I had to try it:
Angel_Witch.png

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
5.2% though, so steady does it!
I find it amazing that you can get so many falvourful beers at reasonable alchohol contents over there that you pay attention when they get over 5%.
Over here we are suffering from a "bigger is better" plague, and 6% plus beers are way too common.

I would much rather be able to taste my third pint ...

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Had several glasses of port and a pot of Derjeeling First Flush Tiger hill to celebrate that my satelite dish was back up. The service people came rather quick. Personly I can't climb ladders any more, as both my hips are badly worn. I'm in line for hip replacements and will have the first one replaced this autumn

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
5.2%? Is that high for beer over there? Here, you'll be hard pressed to find a beer under 7%!

A beer with 7% alcohol? Wow, that's heavy stuff! In Germany an average beer has 4,9 to 5,0% alcohol. Normally you don't find a beer with more than 6% over here. We had such strong beer only during medieval times, when the people during lenten season weren't allowed to eat very much...

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
A beer with 7% alcohol? Wow, that's heavy stuff! In Germany an average beer has 4,9 to 5,0% alcohol. Normally you don't find a beer with more than 6% over here. We had such strong beer only during medieval times, when the people during lenten seasion weren't allow to eat very much...

Yes, 6-7% is very common in beer here. I guess it's true what they say, the US and Canada like their beer strong. However, I prefer lower alcohol beers, I want to taste my beer. :)
X
BD

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Yes, 6-7% is very common in beer here. I guess it's true what they say, the US and Canada like their beer strong. However, I prefer lower alcohol beers, I want to taste my beer. :)
X
BD

In Norway standard beer you would get in any shop is 4,75% or lower. You could get stronger beer but then you have to go to special shops, but as you I prefer to taste my beer :)

Esme

One of the Regulars
Gin and Tonic. Always. Guh n Tuh as my husband says. I need to branch out, I think.

And I used to deplore gin. Does this mean I am getting old?

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
X
BD

Hi BD,

You learn something everyday, do they sell single digit ABV % beers?! ;)

Danny O
x

p.s.

The Club was packed last night, you missed out there!

dnjan

One Too Many
Killing time at the airport, and had a (ok, more than one) "Schmidick's".
Went down quite nicely, and I can still type ( sort of ...)

dnjan

One Too Many
In Norway standard beer you would get in any shop is 4,75% or lower. You could get stronger beer but then you have to go to special shops, but as you I prefer to taste my beer :)
In my experience, the most difficult part of drinking beer in Norway, it to find someone to buy them for you. Those beers are EXPENSIVE !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21