What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. The original was not far from where I am. It started as a bar and went on to food and drinks. :p
    The place you went to stunk without a bar---then again, if the bar is lousy anyway......

2. If I'm going to a bar, it's not going to be at a grocery store.... wait! What am I saying?? That's a great idea :D

3. They have Starbucks in grocery stores here---seems like a logical progression. :p

4. Ugh.... don't get me started on that place.... they have them here too :rolleyes:

5. But no bars in Trader Vic's.

6. I have no idea... we don't have one here, but there's one by my mom's house [huh]

7. An hour away? Just mix mine and you will probably be better off. :D

8. TidiousTed

TidiousTed Practically Family

You can even get Starbuck coffee in grocery stores here, even though we have no Starbucks coffee shops. It was considered, but they found that competition from already established coffee shop chains would be to hard

9. Interesting. They have them on every corner here---at least it seems like it. :p

10. I know I will :D

11. rkwilker

rkwilker One Too Many

Red Breast/rocks......very nice.

12. Alex Oviatt

Alex Oviatt A-List Customer

Nothing, last night as it was my teaching night and I don't think that the professor showing up smelling of Scotch is a good idea BUT the night before I was out and ordered a really delicious Negroni. I always forget how much I love Campari until I have it again. My thoughts are already drifting towards having one again tonight. I always use Noilly Prat for the vermouth and good old Tanquray for the gin.

13. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi

I drank a Guinness Black Lager last night. Same price a Guinness Stout, but without the calories and food value. Good, but I won't buy it again, I'll just buy Guinness.

To quote on of the other local dark beer types: "Guinness IS Beer."

Later

14. Cicero

Cicero A-List Customer

I drank a pastis with water and ice, just before going to sleep.

15. TidiousTed

TidiousTed Practically Family

The mentioning of Campari makes me think of a annual meeting in the Norwegian Graphic Designer Association back in the mid 80s held in Lillehammer. There we were introduced to a local favourite called "Høggert" (would be something like "Chopper" in English). It was half and half Campari and lager, served in pint sized glasses. Can't say I took to it

16. Campari makes everything taste bitter to me. I can't say I like Campari or anything with it in it as an ingredient. [huh]

17. mflemming

mflemming One of the Regulars

Lustau Emelin sherry; amazingly delicious. If you find it, try it!

18. Ethan Bentley

Ethan Bentley One Too Many

Evan Williams Cherry Liqueur - tastes like Bakewell Tart

19. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

Beaujolais Nouveau 2011 - that time of year again!

20. Alex Oviatt

Alex Oviatt A-List Customer

Tonight I am thinking about a Rob Roy made with Famous Grouse, Noilly Prat and Peychaud bitters. I still have time to change my mind, though....