Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Old Fashioned would be good with what you have:
2 oz Rye
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 splash water(enough to disolve the sugar)
1 tsp sugar
1 maraschino cherry

Muddle the cherry, water and sugar together in the bottom of the glass. Add ice cubes, stir. Add the rye, stir. Add the angostura bitters, stir. Drink. :p

Hi

Drinking one in the first quarter, I'll be drinking more of these. They're GOOD.

I just made a Horse's Neck, Overholdt Rye Whiskey, Lemon juice (two squirts), several drops of Angostura bitters, and Vernor's Ginger Ale. This isn't an improvement on just Vernor's and Overholdt. This has less flavor somehow. I think that somehow the bitter's, Rye, and Lemon counter each other's taste. I'll try the Vernor's, Rye, and Bitters next time. I like bitters pretty well.

Later

Last edited:
Hi

Drinking one in the first quarter, I'll be drinking more of these. They're GOOD.

I just made a Horse's Neck, Overholdt Rye Whiskey, Lemon juice (two squirts), several drops of Angostura bitters, and Vernor's Ginger Ale. This isn't an improvement on just Vernor's and Overholdt. This has less flavor somehow. I think that somehow the bitter's, Rye, and Lemon counter each other's taste. I'll try the Vernor's, Rye, and Bitters next time. I like bitters pretty well.

Later

Yeah, the balance might have been a little off there. You generally need a strong, a sweet and a bitter/sour to make a decent cocktail. Looks like you have two sour/bitters in that one.

I haven't had a drink in ages....I'm due LOADS!
X
BD

Here you go:
flaming_cocktails.jpg

James,

Oh, my goodness! Now, what on earth is that? A flaming something-or-other?

Speaking of drinks and cocktails, check out Danny Ocean's post 'The Cocktail - a brief insight, into a firm favourite' on my blog. ;0

Now, I'm thirsty! :)

X
BD

That is a Flaming Lamborghini. It has Sambuca in it along with Kahlua, Blue curacao and Bailey's Irish Cream. Add the Sambuca and Kahlua in a cocktail glass---equal proportions. Top with a little 151 rum. Light it up. Drink through a straw and add the shots of Sambuca and Baileys as you reach the bottom of the glass---dousing the flames. :p

I'll have to check that out. :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk