Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

bulldog1935

Suspended
It's smooth as silk. I'm a cigar smoker, so the hint of sugar is just about a requisite (helps beat the nicotine head - you know, bedspins). If it's not Caribe neat, then I'll probably want Dalmore Cigar Malt or this. It's become my favorite single malt.
I personally like the 12-y-o Ben Riach better than the 15 Balvenie, and it's a lot cheaper. But for smoothness, the 15-y-o Ben Riach stands far above either.

It's smooth as silk. I'm a cigar smoker, so the hint of sugar is just about a requisite (helps beat the nicotine head - you know, bedspins). If it's not Caribe neat, then I'll probably want Dalmore Cigar Malt or this. It's become my favorite single malt.
I personally like the 12-y-o Ben Riach better than the 15 Balvenie, and it's a lot cheaper. But for smoothness, the 15-y-o Ben Riach stands far above either.

Aha! Now that helps as I smoke cigars myself and pair them with single malts. I'll have to try it if I find it.
I loved the old cigar malt but the new iteration is getting a little ridiculous in price here as it costs about $150 per bottle. If you have a cheaper source, please let me know.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...My dad was up here talking to me today and decided he wanted some Old Milwaukee since he hadn't had it in years. I had about 10 cans still in a box next to the fridge and he helped himself to them and loaded them in his car lol

Dang Tom, that's cruel. I used to do that to MY son when he wasn't 21 yet. I used to just open his trunk and steal whatever beer he had, usually something cheap like Coors light (blench) but it was FREE to me. He had a job and he sure wasn't going to complain to Mom about me stealing his beer. Now I have to buy him Guinness when we go out to eat. I guess I taught him too well.

Later

I haven't tried the Rob Roy yet and almost certainly won't since it includes Vermouth. I have worked out that I really :eeek: REALLY :eeek: HATE Vermouth. I tried the Manhattan, martini's and several other things including Vermouth. Later

You do realize that there are 2 types of vermouth Red which is sweet and white which is dry. Martinis type the white and manhattans the red. Also there are many that are not good and some that are better than others. it does make a difference.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You do realize that there are 2 types of vermouth Red which is sweet and white which is dry. Martinis type the white and manhattans the red. Also there are many that are not good and some that are better than others. it does make a difference.

Hi John, through this site, I've learned a little about Vermouth, tried both sweet and dry of a decent, but no too expensive a brand. I just plain don't like it for some reason. There are only a few things I don't like to drink, Vermouth, Vodka, Limoncello, Brandy, and cheap scotch.
Limoncello is the weird one because I love lemons, lemonade, lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon drops, etc, but it was like drinking lemon pledge...

Later

Dang Tom, that's cruel. I used to do that to MY son when he wasn't 21 yet. I used to just open his trunk and steal whatever beer he had, usually something cheap like Coors light (blench) but it was FREE to me. He had a job and he sure wasn't going to complain to Mom about me stealing his beer. Now I have to buy him Guinness when we go out to eat. I guess I taught him too well.

Later

:rofl: I'll have to remember that.

Hi John, through this site, I've learned a little about Vermouth, tried both sweet and dry of a decent, but no too expensive a brand. I just plain don't like it for some reason. There are only a few things I don't like to drink, Vermouth, Vodka, Limoncello, Brandy, and cheap scotch.
Limoncello is the weird one because I love lemons, lemonade, lemon cake, lemon pie, lemon drops, etc, but it was like drinking lemon pledge...

Later

Lemon Pledge! :rofl:
I have my dislikes as well so I can't carp too much. I hate Cynar, Campari and Bourbon that tastes like Kingsford. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Never been a whiskey guy for that very reason James, even though Jack Daniels is a product of our state. So's moonshine. :D
I'm out of wine and don't feel like going to the store, so it's Sheridans Liqueur that my dad's wife bought me from Mexico.
That's odd, it's Irish but she had to get it in Mexico since it's not sold here. Huge bottle with separate chambers. Oh well has the same effect as wine and it's on hand.

Never been a whiskey guy for that very reason James, even though Jack Daniels is a product of our state. So's moonshine. :D
I'm out of wine and don't feel like going to the store, so it's Sheridans Liqueur that my dad's wife bought me from Mexico.
That's odd, it's Irish but she had to get it in Mexico since it's not sold here. Huge bottle with separate chambers. Oh well has the same effect as wine and it's on hand.

Moonshine. Now there is an idea. I'll call up Tickle. :p
Sheridans is medicinal. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Moonshine. Now there is an idea. I'll call up Tickle. :p
Sheridans is medicinal. :p
Actually I use the wine for medicinal reasons, pain issues.
With Sheridans I can't judge how much to put in. I either have less pain, or I've got blurry vision and feel nothing at all. :D
BTW we miss Tickle and Tim. Although you can't keep running a show like that without having another incident like "Popcorn" had, the arrest and not his death.

Wine hits me faster and worse than whiskey. I have no idea why.
Feeling nothing is better than feeling pain. :p
They stopped filming that show eh? Well, I think Tim went legit anyway. My wife was wondering how they couldn't figure out it was him---being the fire chief and all. lol lol Tickle will now be the head distiller. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yeah that part about everyone else knowing who he was, did seem a bit odd.

"Gosh the Chief sure takes off a lot during certain parts of the year, but since we don't have a lot of fires, I guess it's okay. BTW does anyone else find it odd he doesn't want anyone smoking around him?" ;)

BTW depends on the type of wine you drink, and if you are allergic to sulfites or not.
I've found $16-17 dollars a bottle and up seem to give me less of a headache. For the past year I've stayed with that range if not a bit higher (into the $22-23 dollars a bottle).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt