Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yeah me either but I am even more finicky. I don't buy them without corks in bottles. :p
Have you seen the glass nipple in wine bottles?
I've had some Italian wine like that, and I've got to say it's a bit easier if you have an older vintage (ie 8-9yrs old).
There are some makers I avoid because I've run across too many "crumbly" corks.
If I wanted to go fishing with a cork, I'd go to the lake!
My latest find is a wine from Argentina with a screw-cap.
Not bad....not great, but not bad.

Have you seen the glass nipple in wine bottles?
I've had some Italian wine like that, and I've got to say it's a bit easier if you have an older vintage (ie 8-9yrs old).
There are some makers I avoid because I've run across too many "crumbly" corks.
If I wanted to go fishing with a cork, I'd go to the lake!
My latest find is a wine from Argentina with a screw-cap.
Not bad....not great, but not bad.
A screw cap?! :faint: No crumbly corks in my Ovila. However, I have had crumbly corks in every bottle of Amrut scotch I have ever bought. lol lol I keep extras around for just such and emergency---otherwise I would have to drink the whole bottle. :p You sure you haven't tried wine in a box? :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A screw cap?! :faint: No crumbly corks in my Ovila. However, I have had crumbly corks in every bottle of Amrut scotch I have ever bought. lol lol I keep extras around for just such and emergency---otherwise I would have to drink the whole bottle. :p You sure you haven't tried wine in a box? :p
I could try wine in a box, but I have a comfy chair I like to enjoy it in. :D
If I get a broken cork, I have some spares as well, usually from Walmart.
I bought a really heavy one (made by oxo) at Target years ago, but when you put it on the bottle it's then too tall to stand in the fridge!

I could try wine in a box, but I have a comfy chair I like to enjoy it in. :D
If I get a broken cork, I have some spares as well, usually from Walmart.
I bought a really heavy one (made by oxo) at Target years ago, but when you put it on the bottle it's then too tall to stand in the fridge!
The spares I have are from other empty scotch bottles. :p You mean in a rocking chair? :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The spares I have are from other empty scotch bottles. :p You mean in a rocking chair? :p
No, one of these.
leopoldChair.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Yeah me either but I am even more finicky. I don't buy them without corks in bottles. :p

Is that an absolute rule? The latest edition of Bottleworks Imagination Series (XII), made for them by the Bruery (one of your Orange County operations) came in a capped 750.

Justin B

One Too Many
Well Plano is now a fully wet city, and I stopped off at the bottle shop on my way home last night to see what they had. I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label last night to give it a go. Not generally one for blended whiskey...but it's not bad. I was hoping they'd have my Bulleit Rye, but even though they didn't said they'd order it in for me.

Well Plano is now a fully wet city, and I stopped off at the bottle shop on my way home last night to see what they had. I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Black label last night to give it a go. Not generally one for blended whiskey...but it's not bad. I was hoping they'd have my Bulleit Rye, but even though they didn't said they'd order it in for me.
Black tastes like strong water to me. :p There is just no flavor---but then again, I am used to scotch which has a multitude of flavor no matter where it is from. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo