Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well, this is IPA day and the beer is very nice.

smugshot_9501203-L.jpg

Justin B

One Too Many
Black tastes like strong water to me. :p There is just no flavor---but then again, I am used to scotch which has a multitude of flavor no matter where it is from. :p

The selection was somewhat limited as they hadn't fully stocked the shelves yet (Got their license on Wednesday). What's your whiskey of choice and I'll have them order me a bottle if they haven't got one in stock?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The selection was somewhat limited as they hadn't fully stocked the shelves yet (Got their license on Wednesday). What's your whiskey of choice and I'll have them order me a bottle if they haven't got one in stock?

Hey Justin, if you like BBQ, i.e. smoky tastes, try Laphroaig. Their 10 year old is pretty good. I'm not the Connoisseur that James is, but I'm trying a few new things. I don't care much for any of Johnny Walker's stuff either. The least expensive Scotches I can stand so far are Dewar's White Label and Famous Grouse.

later y'all

Mine would be one of these quintessential ones: Oban, Talisker or Glendronach. If I had to choose one, it would be Glendronach. Not hugely expensive, under-rated and no one seems to know about it yet.

Hey Justin, if you like BBQ, i.e. smoky tastes, try Laphroaig. Their 10 year old is pretty good. I'm not the Connoisseur that James is, but I'm trying a few new things. I don't care much for any of Johnny Walker's stuff either. The least expensive Scotches I can stand so far are Dewar's White Label and Famous Grouse.

later y'all
Even with the least expensive stuff you still manage to know your stuff. :p Dewar's uses Alberfeldy in their blends. That is a decent single malt. Laphroaig has changed a bit recently. It is not a big peat monster like it used to be. They dialed it back a bit. If you want REALLY smoky to go with BBQ then try Ardbeg. Their ads don't lie: :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo