Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
Even with the least expensive stuff you still manage to know your stuff. :p Dewar's uses Alberfeldy in their blends. That is a decent single malt. Laphroaig has changed a bit recently. It is not a big peat monster like it used to be. They dialed it back a bit. If you want REALLY smoky to go with BBQ then try Ardbeg. Their ads don't lie: :p

Oh yes, and if not Ardbeg, then Lagavulin :cool:

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
Both will do but Ardbeg is definitely more bold in my experience.

Very true. Another similar (i.e. salty) Islay is Bunnahabhain, but I've found that this varies a lot depending on the batch.

I had a friend who had to hold his nose to get it down. :rofl: He doesn't like peat. :p

Me too, although he's a convert now. I think it's possibly due to the fact that I have mostly Islay whiskies, so when he was visiting and wanted a dram, there wasn't much else on offer ;)

Very true. Another similar (i.e. salty) Islay is Bunnahabhain, but I've found that this varies a lot depending on the batch.

Me too, although he's a convert now. I think it's possibly due to the fact that I have mostly Islay whiskies, so when he was visiting and wanted a dram, there wasn't much else on offer ;)
Bunnahabhain is strange in that way. if you don't like it this time then try next time. :p I have a fair selection of areas so my friend is usually ok. :p

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HI

I had an Old Style in a bar in downtown Tulsa. They had Marshall IPA, which is VERY hoppy, but since I was driving I tried an Old Style. I hadn't had one since the 1980's. It wasn't as bad as I remembered. Not much flavor, but a decent lighter beer.

Later

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
While we were on a roadtrip to Alabama this week I stopped at a little Mexican restaurant with my wife's sister. We decided to have a drink while we waited for our food. I had a Brass Monkey (orange juice, rum and vodka). It was delicious. During the trip we also drank beer and wine and I was introduced to this stuff.
2013-08-03151820_zpsd2f88078.jpg

Pretty tasty!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You need a leather one. My grandmother used to knit on one of those. :p

Leather is out, because both dogs might lay in it. Unless I put "booties" on them, we don't do leather due to claws.
BTW, both of them share a Lane Tranquility recliner....puts them right out. :D

Finished up the Crios Syrah/Bonarda.
Tonight I'll open a Casillero Del Diablo Syrah/Cabernet. I really like this one because of the semi sweetness of the Syrah, with the "woody" taste of the Cabernet. Oh sure not as descriptive at the English majors that write the label (hints of tobacco and chocolate, with blueberry aftertaste and pepper on the nose). I think they are drunk when the write those things, I can't taste any of that!

While we were on a roadtrip to Alabama this week I stopped at a little Mexican restaurant with my wife's sister. We decided to have a drink while we waited for our food. I had a Brass Monkey (orange juice, rum and vodka). It was delicious. During the trip we also drank beer and wine and I was introduced to this stuff.
2013-08-03151820_zpsd2f88078.jpg

Pretty tasty!

If you thought Redd's was pretty good then you should try Angry Orchard, it is much better.
:D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I thought I was IPA'd out, but this Rye IPA from local brewery Harpoon is rather nice for late afternoon refreshment

smugshot_1904320-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points