Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've picked up 65 outside of Nashville, but never traveled it otherwise.
Although, I can see your point about being on the road for a 5hr drive.
I'm going to have to try scotch I guess, you guys are pushing me to it.
Maybe the store down the street has Cutty Sark in a pint. :D

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've picked up 65 outside of Nashville, but never traveled it otherwise.
Although, I can see your point about being on the road for a 5hr drive.
I'm going to have to try scotch I guess, you guys are pushing me to it.
Maybe the store down the street has Cutty Sark in a pint. :D

Hi

Cutty Sark kind of gags me. Back in the early 1990's, I took a trip from Decatur AL to exciting Birmingham to the Galleria. We were cruising a nice normal 75 to 80 MPH in a 65 MPH zone when everyone started slowing down, pretty soon I was stopped. There was a 40 year old chunky Alabama Highway Patrol Sergeant setting in the median trying to turn around, but slowing down traffic 15 MPH took everything to a complete stop. I don't think he did it on purpose, but he was just cracking up setting there.

I swear to GAWD that they show Duke's of Hazard re-runs in Alabama Driver's Education.

later

Hi

Cutty Sark kind of gags me. Back in the early 1990's, I took a trip from Decatur AL to exciting Birmingham to the Galleria. We were cruising a nice normal 75 to 80 MPH in a 65 MPH zone when everyone started slowing down, pretty soon I was stopped. There was a 40 year old chunky Alabama Highway Patrol Sergeant setting in the median trying to turn around, but slowing down traffic 15 MPH took everything to a complete stop. I don't think he did it on purpose, but he was just cracking up setting there.

I swear to GAWD that they show Duke's of Hazard re-runs in Alabama Driver's Education.

later

YeeeeeHAW!:p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That's why I mentioned Cutty Sark, because it's cheap. :D
I've taken notes from Powers, on which Scotch brands he buys.
When I decide to try Scotch, I'll buy based on his recommendation.

Naaaaah....post it now. Live is better
I'm having an angry orchard cider for an appetizer. After dinner I may polish off the sierra nevada rye ales left from last night.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Kroger near me has this deal called "make your own six pack."
You put 6 different beers together, based on the selection they have in that section.
Guinness, Fosters, Becks, etc.
I'm not sure about some such as Red Cap, or brands I've never heard of.
I'm leery about putting 5 other beers in there with my Guinness, and facing 5 days of horror over skunky beer.

The Kroger near me has this deal called "make your own six pack."
You put 6 different beers together, based on the selection they have in that section.
Guinness, Fosters, Becks, etc.
I'm not sure about some such as Red Cap, or brands I've never heard of.
I'm leery about putting 5 other beers in there with my Guinness, and facing 5 days of horror over skunky beer.

Or one day of horror with Guinness an five good days :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh I don't think so...:D
If they have Dos Equis(?) I might put one of those in there, Beck's Dark was a standby years ago, Fosters I know about but never drank, and some of the others look like their kid drew the label, and have "ale" in the name.
One that looks good by the reviews, I can't find in my area. It's called Dark Arts Surreal Ale.
While the wife is buying the 2.5lbs of bacon for the week at Kroger (we get it freshly sliced at the deli), I'll shop.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Okay I did it.
I got the variety 6 pack at Kroger.
You make your own, choosing from 15-20 different beers (from what they had on hand).
Four are dark, one is a pecan Stout, and one is a Killians Irish Red (I always liked that).
My reviews will be daily, as I drink each one to see what it tastes like.
beer.jpg

I liked the killians stout a whole lot better than I do the red. The Guiness black didn't suck, but I was kind of disappointed with it. Guess I had higher expectations. The pecan stout is pretty good, but I don't think I could drink a bunch of them in a night. Can't speak for the other two, although I drink a lot of becks regular lager, and the dark is pretty good too. I would be interested to try the sapphire.
Looking forward to reading about what you think Gregg A.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

m0nk

One Too Many
That much vermouth might kill me. :p I knew there was a reason why I like Old Fashioneds better. :p

Yeah, I usually start there and end up with 3/4 part vermouth, 3 parts Templeton, and as many splashes of bitters as I can manage to hit the glass with... its never just one drink...

Oh I don't think so...:D
If they have Dos Equis(?) I might put one of those in there, Beck's Dark was a standby years ago, Fosters I know about but never drank, and some of the others look like their kid drew the label, and have "ale" in the name.
One that looks good by the reviews, I can't find in my area. It's called Dark Arts Surreal Ale.
While the wife is buying the 2.5lbs of bacon for the week at Kroger (we get it freshly sliced at the deli), I'll shop.

2.5 pounds!? That isn't enough to feed my bird. :p
Stay Thirsty My Friend. May your two cents be worth 37 cents. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou