Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Sobieski rye vodka, from Poland. Honestly I prefer Stolichnaya better (Nemiroff even better, but it's hard to come by in 'bama) but for the price this stuff's the hands down winner. Had a few shots neat, then a couple grapefruit cocktails tonight.

I'm not too big on bloody Marys, but I do like to blend up some pico de gallo and liquor occasionally.

Gear-guy yer killing me. The espresso martini sounds like a perfect Sunday morning chiller. I've got to try that real soon.

Sobieski rye vodka, from Poland. Honestly I prefer Stolichnaya better (Nemiroff even better, but it's hard to come by in 'bama) but for the price this stuff's the hands down winner. Had a few shots neat, then a couple grapefruit cocktails tonight.

I'm not too big on bloody Marys, but I do like to blend up some pico de gallo and liquor occasionally.

Gear-guy yer killing me. The espresso martini sounds like a perfect Sunday morning chiller. I've got to try that real soon.

I have had the Stoli, but for the while Grey Goose has been my favorite. It is as smooth a vodka as I have found. A pico mix sounds really good to me; if only I had a recipe. As for me, a Bloody Mary garnished with a slice of bacon Sunday morning works rather nicely. Ooh, and tomorrow is Sunday!
:D

Try the Nemiroff, if you can find any.
Pico de gallo is super easy. Chop up 3 or4 fresh tomatoes into bite sized pieces, add in a finely chopped onion and plenty of chopped up fresh cilantro (I use about the whole bunch). Season with salt and pepper and juice a couple of limes into the mix. Stir together and you can dig in right away, although if it sits a little while it is even better. Refrigerate the leftovers, and next morning into the blender with'em. Puree and add vodka - instant refreshment.

A finely chopped and seeded jalapeño also makes a nice touch, but no one else in my house likes it that way so I usually just skip it. Also, I suppose, if you didn't care about snacking on it you could just toss all ingredients into the blender to begin with and skip all that chopping. But, like chili or spaghetti sauce, it seems to get better with a night in the fridge.

Try the Nemiroff, if you can find any.
Pico de gallo is super easy. Chop up 3 or4 fresh tomatoes into bite sized pieces, add in a finely chopped onion and plenty of chopped up fresh cilantro (I use about the whole bunch). Season with salt and pepper and juice a couple of limes into the mix. Stir together and you can dig in right away, although if it sits a little while it is even better. Refrigerate the leftovers, and next morning into the blender with'em. Puree and add vodka - instant refreshment.

A finely chopped and seeded jalapeño also makes a nice touch, but no one else in my house likes it that way so I usually just skip it. Also, I suppose, if you didn't care about snacking on it you could just toss all ingredients into the blender to begin with and skip all that chopping. But, like chili or spaghetti sauce, it seems to get better with a night in the fridge.

Thank you! It sounds really good and even better if it sits overnight.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points