Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Medvssa said:
And lol no, not equal part bitters :eek:

I had this last night: :)
cocktail11b.jpg

First time I've had Orange Flower Water in anything, I garnished with a little lemon zest.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Medvssa said:
:D

Did you like it? (be honest!)

I actually did and it has a lovely after taste, I've never done much with cream and gin but I pleasantly surprise.
I gave a taste to a non-gin-drinker who also liked it. Any definite decision on a name yet?
The main issue was with the garnish that I added, which leaves little bits at the end.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Ethan Bentley said:
I actually did and it has a lovely after taste, I've never done much with cream and gin but I pleasantly surprise.
I gave a taste to a non-gin-drinker who also liked it. Any definite decision on a name yet?
The main issue was with the garnish that I added, which leaves little bits at the end.

I am glad you liked it :)

I don't know if I should name it. I found this which seems quite similar...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I shared an old dusty bottle of tawny port with an elderly friend of mine. I don't recall its name. I didn't know what to expect, as I've never had port before and am not a fan of sherry at all (I had heard they were somewhat similar). I don't see any similarity whatsoever. The port wasn't sweet in the least. Quite pungeunt with a burnt oak aftertaste. Much richer than the deepest red wines I've ever had. Also much much stronger.

I liked it ... a lot. :D

After several drinks, our conversation turned to the finer things in life: goats, cheese, goat cheese ... we veered off a bit into the Taft administration ... swerved into his travels in Morocco in the '60s ... and finally horse insemination. Surreal, but a fine time indeed.

Any advice on what to look for in buying a bottle of port?

stripedT

New in Town
Sazerac

I just (pre red-eye flight) had 2 RI (the pretentious Rye whiskey) sazeracs in San Jose. Good, not up to a good perfect Manhattan

Christy

One of the Regulars
I had a champagne cocktail last night at dinner, one of my favorites, but I only order it when we go to a certain restaurant. The fella had a gin and tonic, his favorite.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was bound to happen...

..in today's society! I never would have suspected it though - I friend slipped me a glass containing
Dihydrogen Monoxide and I drank the entire thing unknowingly and without any clue.
Be careful, it can happen to you and you'd never know what you were getting. Always ask first!!!

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

-dixon 'duped' cannon

P.S. Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Dixon,
One must always be vigilant!

One of my favorite sayings attributed to Sinatra, when presented with a glass of that foul substance....

"I'm thirsty, not DIRTY!"

Dixon Cannon said:
..in today's society! I never would have suspected it though - I friend slipped me a glass containing
Dihydrogen Monoxide and I drank the entire thing unknowingly and without any clue.
Be careful, it can happen to you and you'd never know what you were getting. Always ask first!!!

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

-dixon 'duped' cannon

P.S. Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me!

Well, be careful you can drown in it.
As WC Fields said: "I never drink water. Fish do their business in it." (cleaned up for the masses. ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara