Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Boodles

A-List Customer
Outta bourbon!!!!

rumblefish said:
I was all out of anything good- like bourbon.:D :p

Good grief Mr Fish, that is an unacceptable condition.

Elijah Craig 12--a non-skunky bottle--and a bit of ice. Excellent.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Elijah Craig 12

rumblefish said:
I'll put it on the list.:)

Well...as you know from reading this forum, some people hate the stuff. I love it, but I also eat grits. One downside is that Craig 12's price has ratcheted up over the past couple years. It was once a steal. I guess that marketing reeled me in. Still at +/- 20 bucks it's not so bad especially given that it's 12 years old and more especially when you compare it with the price of gin (white dog which was aged by soaking in weeds for a week).

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
We got a bottle of apricot brandy this weekend, and yesterday we had this drink which I found here, comment 8, and I haven't found any other information anywhere else [huh]

The Grande Bretagne Cocktail No. 1
1-1/2 oz. dry gin
1/2 oz. apricot brandy
1/2 oz. strained lime or lemon juice
1 tsp. egg white
1 dash orange bitters
Shake with lots of ice and turn into a chilled cocktail glass.

With lemon. I really liked it in fact. My partner liked it too.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I went to a shopping event here in NYC and their complimentary drinks were all very frou-frou and sweetie sweet with rather ridiculous names. I am quite ashamed but they were free.;)

Now I'm ready for a good martini.

dnjan

One Too Many
One of my "normal" Pubs (Hales) has been doing a "firkin on the bar" every Wednesday night. They put a 7-1/2 gallon beer keg (pony keg or firkin) on a stand on the bar, tap it, and pour just with gravity (no supplemental CO2)

Last night they had a blended beer - about a half gallon of soured barleywine was added to 7 gallons of wood-barrel-aged belgian double yesterday morning, and allowed to mix and stabilize. They tapped it in late afternoon, and it was an amazing beer. Just enough soured barleywine to add nose, depth and interest, but not so much that the sour was in anyway off-putting. I expect they will still have some available tonight (at about 8% ABV, they were pouring it in small glasses), and so I strongly recommend any readers from Seattle to head over there if you have a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou