Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Good choice. :cheers1:
I had a decent amoutn of Rittenhouse Rye. I had forgotten how potent a 100 proof Rye was. Now I remember. :eek: :p
I wish I had time to warn you!:eusa_doh:
I heard a wise man call it bottled in a bomb- or something like that...:p ;)

Hey, thanks for the recipe a few posts back.:) I musta missed it.

rumblefish said:
I wish I had time to warn you!:eusa_doh:
I heard a wise man call it bottled in a bomb- or something like that...:p ;)

Hey, thanks for the recipe a few posts back.:) I musta missed it.

I hope you mean the recipe for the Corpse Reviver not the smoke and mirrors horror. Whoever thought to put both Campari and Cynar together in a cocktail ought to be shot.
Rittenhouse wasn't that bad but I just forgot that is was fairly potent so I poured a little bit more than I should have and I didn't want to funnel it back into the bottle----so I was forced to drink it all. ;) :p

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Fedoragent offered up the recipe for what he says is his favorite drink! The Mocambo. (2oz. white rum, 1 oz. gin and 2 oz. pineapple juice!) It is going to be one of my favorites, too - and my little dinner party thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Point Beers

Made in Stevens Point, WI, since 1857, and afaik not yet gobbled up by Big Brewing (unless they're some kind of clandestine subsidiary).

So far I've had Point Pale Ale (a pretty good example of the genre and excellent for its price point - $5-6/sixpack), and Point Special Lager (an inoffensive Midwest thirst quencher but with a touch more body and character - probably what plain old "beer" used to taste like).

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I hope you mean the recipe for the Corpse Reviver not the smoke and mirrors horror. Whoever thought to put both Campari and Cynar together in a cocktail ought to be shot.

Don't get me started...
Suze chaser anyone?

I recently tried The Bitter Truth's "Xlixier" rather bitter that but I'd have it over Campari any day.

exlixier.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic