Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Ate at a nice little diner last night. Had a Cubalibre with dinner.

002.jpg

Sounds good, but a martini is made with gin. :D[/QUOTE

Pardon my faux pas. I should have said vodkatini or kangaroo cocktail. You can have all the juniper juice.:p

Not all gin is quite so juniper berry laced as some. Hendricks is one that I like the taste of without the juniper berry. Lousy gin is usually made with too much juniper berry. Gilbey's vodka and gin are both awful for instance. :p

True. You always have to put Vodka in front of Martini to make sure that everyone knows what you mean. :p I think we should make up a separate name for it though. I found that they also call it a kangaroo cocktail so that works.

I'm well aware of all this. Just habit. Just about any establishment you visit around here, from fine dining to dive bar, and order a martini, the first question is usually, which vodka.

Not all gin is quite so juniper berry laced as some. Hendricks is one that I like the taste of without the juniper berry. Lousy gin is usually made with too much juniper berry. Gilbey's vodka and gin are both awful for instance. :p
Gilbey's vodka, figured you for a Popov man. I've tried gins from Bombay Sapphire to Tanqueray and never found one I enjoyed. Maybe I'll try some Hendrick's next time I want some gin and juice.:D

Gilbey's vodka, figured you for a Popov man. I've tried gins from Bombay Sapphire to Tanqueray and never found one I enjoyed. Maybe I'll try some Hendrick's next time I want some gin and juice.:D

Gin and Juice?! :faint:
I won't touch Gilbey's. That stuff sucks. I don't even like vodka and I still know that sucks as vodka. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav