Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just kidding, 50% is my sweet spot when it’s about neat Bourbon and derivates...:)

As the Bourbons i tried so far did not swim too well for my taste I normally use higher voltages in drinks.

Exception is WT101, but that’s just my taste...:)

Cheers

Turnip

Turnip

Or a nice Yeehaw-Schnaps...:)

full

OK, yes I MAY be a redneck, but New Truck Day should be celebrated with a decent craft beer, unless you're not 20 yet, then Coors Light or possibly Tickle Pink or Strawberry Hill. Scotch is for the new Land Rover.

:):):)

Later
Not since new trucks became $60K - $70K.

Tonight I'm celebrating a clean negative biopsy result from a procedure I endured on Monday, with a new bottle of Lagavulin 16. Ex-cel-lent!

IMG_8459.jpg

Turnip

If you ever make it to Germany make sure to visit Staufen/Breisgau where the distillery is located.
Breisgau with it’s wineries in almost every, even smallest, village, Rothaus brewery in Black Forest nearby with it’s excellent beers, Switzerland and French Alsace around the corner...paradise is near...:)

Not since new trucks became $60K - $70K.

Tonight I'm celebrating a clean negative biopsy result from a procedure I endured on Monday, with a new bottle of Lagavulin 16. Ex-cel-lent!

View attachment 264759
My favourite right now is a Lagavulan Distillers edition which I think is largely 16 year old. Our local stocks this 16 yr old as well and it is on my list to pick up to compare. I like all of the Talisker related offerings.

I wanted an everyday whisky....something to go to that was good but not expensive. Picked up a bottle of Highland Park 12 yr old......it is okay but won't buy it again. Pales in comparison to my Benromach 10 yr old that alas is no longer carried in my local.

Turnip

Talisker 10yo is a real bang for the buck in my opinion.
At this end it is available in almost any supermarket, sometimes for less than 30,- bucks on offer, normal retail price is about 35,- bucks here.

Talisker 10yo is a real bang for the buck in my opinion.
At this end it is available in almost any supermarket, sometimes for less than 30,- bucks on offer, normal retail price is about 35,- bucks here.
I really liked the Talisker offerings when I visited the distillery. My fave was their Distillers Edition but not available here. I will buy the 10 year old next bottle I buy. Thanks, I had avoided it as my totally arbitrary line is 12 years old and up .....but I shall give it a go.

My favourite right now is a Lagavulan Distillers edition which I think is largely 16 year old. Our local stocks this 16 yr old as well and it is on my list to pick up to compare. I like all of the Talisker related offerings.
For the last 2-3 yrs Lagavulin 16 has scored 2nd highest of all the Islay's. Rankings & points for top 5 Islay's:

Ardbeg Corryvreckan (95 points),
Lagavulin 16 year old (93 points),
Laphroaig 10 year old (92 points)
Bunnahabhain 18 year old (92 points),
Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie (89 points)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk